Sigur Ros working on new album
Aug 20, 2003 at 8:44 PM Post #3 of 13
I hope it is more like the first (us releace) (not the actual first VON) Von was just to odd. I was expecting () to be better but it was overall IMHO a dissapointment, with the exception of 1 -2 songs.

Aug 21, 2003 at 6:04 AM Post #4 of 13
I rejoice! (() was my favourite album of last year.)

Aug 21, 2003 at 7:06 AM Post #5 of 13
I've listened to the samples, and honostly, i wasn't impressed. I'm a huge fan of ( ), and the new songs seem pretty pop-ish, and the combination of sigur ros and pop doesn't really work

Aug 21, 2003 at 9:09 PM Post #7 of 13
Like Radiohead...I find Sigur Ros highly experimental, no two albums really sounding alike (aside from Kid A/Amnesiac but then they were recorded during the same sessies.

Von is quite good but I preferred the development into the HIGHLY experimental (). I'm stoked to hear the next album.

Aug 22, 2003 at 2:57 AM Post #8 of 13
Their first album somehow gave me a mix feeling, there are quite a number of good tracks, but ( ) really got me into the band, it is damn bloody excellent, dark, sombre and trance inducing, always evokes images of earth after nuclear holocaust. I dunno what to expect from their third album. But then, if they are going pop-ish
I will have to expect it be like the first album. I'll just have to wait and see.

Aug 22, 2003 at 2:59 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Zanth
Like Radiohead...I find Sigur Ros highly experimental, no two albums really sounding alike (aside from Kid A/Amnesiac but then they were recorded during the same sessies.

Von is quite good but I preferred the development into the HIGHLY experimental (). I'm stoked to hear the next album.

To me, Sigur Ros is hardly experimental, except their first album Von. Only bands like Sonic Youth should be really considered as experimental at all. I am in no way criticizing them, in fact I think their last two albums are both sublime.

Aug 22, 2003 at 10:01 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by penvzila
Sonic Youth? I guess different people have different ideas of experimentalism.

I should have been more specific. Sonic Youth may not be generally experimental. But imo their album "Washing Machine" is real experimental. Listening to The Diamond Sea off that album, and you should get the picture of what I regard as "experimentalism".

Aug 22, 2003 at 6:15 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Newbiez
Diamond Sea is experimental ???

Sigur Ros isn't that experimental, they're still sound more or less the same as they used too.

Radiohead went from a normal rock band into electronic synching one in a snap, that's experiment for me.

They do a lot of experiment with guitar noise in that epic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back