Sigur Ros - Takk
Sep 14, 2005 at 12:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

MadDog5145

500+ Head-Fier
Anyone get it yet? What do you guys think of it so far? I am having trouble finding it
frown.gif

Sep 14, 2005 at 8:49 PM Post #3 of 13
so far sounds like early brian eno ambient, like "the heavenly music corperation".

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:42 AM Post #4 of 13
I'm just about done my first listen and I like it quite a bit. I knew I would since I've heard a lot of these songs live, and have had a FLAC of a recent show for a few months. I've found their albums getting progressively more 'rock'. But mainly the focus is on new-agey ambient type stuff, as mentioned. You have to expect that going in, but I think some people don't and that's why you see some of the reactions to them that you sometimes do.

Sep 21, 2005 at 5:18 AM Post #8 of 13
Man, I have been trying to describe this friggin' album, but words prove insufficient.

Filter called it little alt rock anthems. I can agree with the anthem part. It seems many of the songs start with musing instrumentals that decay into guitar flourishes. They really nailed the variety/unity equation though. The quiet/loud tricks don't get old at all; just amazing.

Nov 21, 2005 at 5:07 AM Post #9 of 13
A great album as a whole, and best if you listen to it as a whole. Though some of the songs do kind of scream "future movie soundtracks," they are well layered and allow you to get lost without losing attention to the various sounds that go on. Has anyone bought the Special Edition that costs near $50?!

Nov 21, 2005 at 4:07 PM Post #11 of 13
This was my first Sigur Ros album, I picked it up about a month or more ago at Best Buy. It is an amazing album, and I'm glad I got it as it introduced me to this group and now I won () and Aegetis Byrnum (sp?). These guys are great, and now I really want to see them live.

Nov 22, 2005 at 6:35 AM Post #12 of 13
i love the video for their first single..i dunno if i could consider any sigur ros song a single as they're all so diverse and miles away from a typical single...the video is enjoyable to watch and gets me kind of emotional then puts a smile on my face at the end
tongue.gif

Nov 22, 2005 at 5:13 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeB06
This was my first Sigur Ros album, I picked it up about a month or more ago at Best Buy. It is an amazing album, and I'm glad I got it as it introduced me to this group and now I won () and Aegetis Byrnum (sp?). These guys are great, and now I really want to see them live.

Their live show is amazing...one of the best concerts I've seen in my life. Definitely check them out, I think they're currently or soon doing a tour of the US.

I've only heard Takk at a friend's house, she played it for me. It sounded like Sigur Ros, and sounded good, but didn't have the impact that Agaetis Byrjun had on me. But I know I'd love it if I sat down and had a listen.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrizzlysDontFly
i love the video for their first single..i dunno if i could consider any sigur ros song a single as they're all so diverse and miles away from a typical single...the video is enjoyable to watch and gets me kind of emotional then puts a smile on my face at the end
tongue.gif

I haven't seen that one! You're not the first person to tell me it's great, though. Have you seen the video for the first track on ()? It's beautiful, schoolchildren who have to wear gas masks during recess since it's raining ashes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back