Sigs: Let's make up our minds!
Nov 29, 2003 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

MD1032

Headphoneus Supremus
You'll notice that this particular forum doesn't allow signatures of any kind. I'm noticing more and more people, around half the posters adding a "signature" at the end of their posts such as

"anonymousman

the person who won't be mentioned"

Short, usually either just a nickname/username or a nickname/username and a catchy phrase. The point is that it's like a signature, and completely unrelated and unneccessary (unless you're in the CI forum). So, let's make up our minds...are we going to have signatures or not? (prays Jude allows sigs)

"MD1032

Master of the Obvious"

Nov 29, 2003 at 1:00 AM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
What forum are you talking about? Of course we have sigs here.

Uhhhh.............. that's what I was wondering.
Is the little box checked?

Nov 29, 2003 at 1:07 AM Post #6 of 18
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Nov 29, 2003 at 2:21 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by raymondlin
I think he meant a little pic in the sig.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! No!

I hate image sigs. They are useless, and they always result in a battle of colors, animations, and size as to who has the "coolest" image. I'm very glad head-fi does not allow them.

If that isn't what you are talking about, then you likely have signatures turned off. Go to "User cp", "Edit Options", and change the setting of "Show user's signatures in their posts?" under "Thread View Options". Save your changes and you should be able to see everyone's text signatures.

Nov 29, 2003 at 3:03 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by MD1032
You'll notice that this particular forum doesn't allow signatures of any kind.............................................. ...

I don't think he is referring to pic sigs.

In fact, he has this sig on his posts.
Quote:

The sign you've been playing too much StarCraft is when you run around with a laser pointer screaming "NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED!!"

"Are you the police?"
"No, ma'am, we're musicians."
--Elwood

So, I am confused......
confused.gif
confused.gif

Nov 29, 2003 at 3:04 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

You'll notice that this particular forum doesn't allow signatures of any kind.

LOL. You have a sig.
tongue.gif

And, if we are talking about picture sigs, forget it. That's the dumbest idea ever.

Nov 29, 2003 at 5:16 AM Post #14 of 18
You can turn off the display of sigs, and apparently he has done this.

Try your user options and make sure the option:

Show user's signatures in their posts?

is set to yes!
biggrin.gif
D'Oh!!!!

Nov 29, 2003 at 5:21 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by MD1032
You'll notice that this particular forum doesn't allow signatures of any kind. I'm noticing more and more people, around half the posters adding a "signature" at the end of their posts such as

"anonymousman

the person who won't be mentioned"

Short, usually either just a nickname/username or a nickname/username and a catchy phrase. The point is that it's like a signature, and completely unrelated and unneccessary (unless you're in the CI forum). So, let's make up our minds...are we going to have signatures or not? (prays Jude allows sigs)

"MD1032

Master of the Obvious"

"Are you the police?"
"No, ma'am, we're musicians."
--Elwood

Hey MD1032, This is an exact quote of your original post. Your sig is showing (to those that have show sig not turned off).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back