Significant distortion from Klipsch Image One's when connected to Denon receiver
Mar 2, 2012 at 12:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

scottyb06

Head-Fier
Greetings!  I have multiple pairs of both in-ear as well as on-ear headphones, including the Klipsch Image One (purchased directly from Klipsch, so no worries about having a fake pair).  Because we have a young child at home who goes to bed well before I do, I like using headphones to watch TV, and especially gaming.  Here's the deal: When I connect my wife's Denon noise-cancelling on-ear phones to my Denon receiver, everything sounds fine as you'd expect.  However, whenever I connect my Klipsch Image One's to either Denon receiver I own, you receiver a significant (and I mean A LOT!) of distortion, even when played at normal volumes.  What gives?  I receive no distortion whatsoever from my various laptops or iDevices.  I prefer the Klipsch to the Denon because they sound better and are far more comfortable :)

Mar 2, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #2 of 3
The Image Ones have iPhone controls inline.  Could be the 4 pole connector in a standard headphone jack causing the problem.  I seem to recall reading somewhere someone with a similar issue, in that if the plug is inserted about 3/4 of the way in so that only the stereo parts of the plug are in contact it might resolve the issues.

Just a wild guess, but maybe it will help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back