signal to noise ratio
Nov 15, 2002 at 8:50 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by Orpheus
don't worry man. i have never started calling anyone names on a discussion forum before. just wanted to clarify to Poor that though you are correct in what you said about physics, it isn't necessarily what we hear.

...but anyway...

later.

Yeah, you can be totally correct in one sense, and totally wrong in another. Go figure!!

Nov 15, 2002 at 9:07 AM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by Orpheus
but when you have quiet passages, or you listen to music softly... welp, it's very distracting in those situations.

*shrugs*

I don't hear much hiss during quiet passages or when volume is cranked down. Of course that might be my superhuman tinnitus development after years of partying
wink.gif
j/k

Seriously though I don't hear much hiss, and when I do, it usually seems to be the fault of the recording than anything else (i.e. I can switch to another track and hear no hiss at the same volume or with a similar quiet / detailed passage)

Nov 15, 2002 at 9:14 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by poorimpulsectrl
*shrugs*

I don't hear much hiss during quiet passages or when volume is cranked down. Of course that might be my superhuman tinnitus development after years of partying
wink.gif
j/k

Seriously though I don't hear much hiss, and when I do, it usually seems to be the fault of the recording than anything else (i.e. I can switch to another track and hear no hiss at the same volume or with a similar quiet / detailed passage)

I guess you have the answer to whether or not the Creek is hi-fi enough for you, in your system, to your ears!! If the s/n ratio is low, but still undetectable to you, and you like the Creek, sounds like you have a winner on your hands to me!!! Enjoy the music and don't listen to people like me when we tell you that the Creek sucks and you have to upgrade it with something "better"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back