Sight buzzing noise in Grado SR60
May 4, 2004 at 2:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Mouzike

Head-Fier
Have any of you ever experienced a slight buzzing noise in either side of the cans? This usually occurs during very low frequencies. I've contacted Grado and they asked me to send them in BUT before I do, I was wondering if there were any quick fixes to mend this problem. Sometimes it goes away and other times it comes back. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2004 at 3:42 AM Post #2 of 13
The possible reasons behind are:

- "Grato problem" (a hair inside the mesh - put the earpads away and check whether there is any hair)

- bad specific track recordings (do you hear the buzzing on many tracks or only at )

- diaphragms aren't well matched (in this case you need Grado assistance)

May 6, 2004 at 3:57 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Permonic
- "Grato problem" (a hair inside the mesh - put the earpads away and check whether there is any hair)

Correcting Permonic:

That problem is "Grattle problem".

May 6, 2004 at 10:53 PM Post #4 of 13
is there an easy cure to this problem? i've checked the mesh and they seem to be clean...i could be wrong.

May 6, 2004 at 10:57 PM Post #5 of 13
Do some testing to make sure its not the recording. When I first got my grados I heard some occasional distortion which I assumed was the phones. It wasn't! They simply revealed flaws in the recording that I had not noticed before.

Good luck.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 6, 2004 at 11:08 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murdoch
Do some testing to make sure its not the recording. When I first got my grados I heard some occasional distortion which I assumed was the phones. It wasn't! They simply revealed flaws in the recording that I had not noticed before.

Good luck.
smily_headphones1.gif

Same happened to me, i got extremely worried.
Don`t the SR-60`s come with the pads that won`t let hair get into the driver though?

May 6, 2004 at 11:44 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver
Correcting Permonic:

That problem is "Grattle problem".

Precisely. You must have something in the driver. Blow into it (gently), both sides. If the problem persists, send them back to John who will repair them no problem.

Oct 9, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #9 of 13
(Digging up an old thread, I know)

Just wanted to thank you guys - I was worried my SR-60s were done for, but turns out my buzzing issue was also caused by a hair or dirt.

Cheers!

Oct 10, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #10 of 13
Gotta love those inexpensive fixes - enjoy your SR60's - a fine start along the Grado path to financial ruin (justified by aural bliss) - sorry 'bout your wallet.
beerchug.gif

Oct 31, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #11 of 13
I'm having the same problem with my SR-80i's, now. I'm severely annoyed. *sigh* Still a great pair of headphones.
Hairs would weave through the mesh often and cause a buzz, and I could just pull them out, but one slipped entirely into the cup and beyond my reach. It buzzes against the inner workings, at low frequencies. I see it in there... the little person. Here comes time without my headphones.

Oct 31, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #13 of 13
Make sure that it isn't the recording. I thought my grado were rattling, but it was just that one sinatra album I had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back