<sigh> Another question
Jun 10, 2002 at 2:58 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
I want to get it from headroom. I really can't wait till the pittsburgh stop. Like I said, its MG head vs Premium Little.

Tube vs. Solid State... The never ending audiophile dillema

Jun 10, 2002 at 9:42 PM Post #17 of 20
The Little isn't rolled off nearly as much as the MG. Pretty damned solid lows too.

Haven't heard the Premium Module Little, but Tyll said it's the best value they've got, and you really don't need the More Power anymore. The gain over the new "stock" power is not all that great. Unless you go all the way to to the MOH, your not going to find anything significantly better. Price/Performance stuff.

To me at least, the Senn's really love a good SS amp. Unless that is, you're willing to drop a couple K on tubes. That solid, tight bottom, clean middle and crisp highs is pretty pleasant to me, especially with 600's.

Jun 11, 2002 at 3:04 AM Post #19 of 20
Whoa down there andrzejpw. If you want me to, I can help you find "beautiful, beautiful" imagery writing all describing the sound of both the MG Head OTL and the Little as well as the Corda HA-1. All 3 are excellent amps and should pair up fine with the HD600s. That is not to say one is better than the other, but all 3 indeed do have different sound characteristics.

If I were you I'd wait until you can check out the Headroom tour to check out all 3 amps. Don't know if a Corda HA-1 will be there......but you should also take that into consideration. It's a highly regarded amp here on the forums being as that you'll find none for sale!
wink.gif
Also, Kelly here is a pretty strong proponent for it as well.

Jun 11, 2002 at 3:21 AM Post #20 of 20
No question about it. I'm a volunteer at the headphone tour, and I look forward to spending some QUALITY time with the equipment.

I'm not buying until I listen.

So, care to describe the amps? Or is that too much to ask?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back