Sidegrade to SoundMagic E80 IEMs
Jun 12, 2016 at 1:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

GloriousLettuce

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

So I've got Soundmagic E80 for about 6 months and I'm looking for a sidegrade.

I'm still blown away by their sound, but I'm looking for something else, just to spice things up!

Any ideas?

I will be purchasing most likely these in the next 18 months:

SHURE SE846-CL
Sennheiser IE 800
Shure SE535
Final Audio Heaven VII
Yamaha EPH-100

I'll only buy these IEMs next year, so I'm curious what are some good recommendations to tag along with the E80S as a sidegrade that I could buy fairly soon just to not bore myself out with E80S.

My sonic signature reference is neutralish soundstage, with a focus on special sounding mids. Adagio II came to mind, but I feel they are of lesser quality and more about the looks.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Jun 23, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #3 of 5
  Bump, anyone? :)

hey, sorry for taking so long to respond to your pm.

right, soooooo sidegrade.

well tell us about hew you find the E80 and wher you tihnk you might want to go?  given the limited info you give you say you want special sounding mids, that immediatly makes me think PL-50.  im guessing you havunt used a BA before and the PL-50 has stupidly good mids and it gives a shining example of what balance armatures can do and what they do soooooooo well.

so if your looknig for soemthing to explore things acousticaly and you like great mids grab a pair of those.  if nothing else it'll help clarify what it is you like, dont and where you may be looking to head.

Jun 23, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #4 of 5
hey, sorry for taking so long to respond to your pm.

right, soooooo sidegrade.

well tell us about hew you find the E80 and wher you tihnk you might want to go?  given the limited info you give you say you want special sounding mids, that immediatly makes me think PL-50.  im guessing you havunt used a BA before and the PL-50 has stupidly good mids and it gives a shining example of what balance armatures can do and what they do soooooooo well.

so if your looknig for soemthing to explore things acousticaly and you like great mids grab a pair of those.  if nothing else it'll help clarify what it is you like, dont and where you may be looking to head.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

I absolutely love the E80. How so you mean acoustically?

Might give pl50 a try then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back