Side Gain + Meier Crossfeed
Nov 17, 2017 at 1:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ironmine

500+ Head-Fier
Hi

I like listening to music using a crossfeed effect.

Most often, I use Isone Pro (both the old version and the new version called TB Isone 3), Isone Pro Surround or 112dB Redline Monitor, Meier (as Foobar component or as VST plugin).

Each has its own merits and disadvantages.

Recently, I noticed that if I insert a mid-side plugin in front of a crossfeed plugin and try to boost the side gain a little bit, such signal pre-processing makes the final crossfeed effect more convincing. I believe it facilitates the job that a crossfeed plugin has to do :)

For example, try this combination, it sounds very good: Voxengo MSED VST plugin + Meier VST.

Normally, if I use Meier alone, I set the slider anywhere between 15 and 25. But if I use Meier with Voxengo MSED and increase the side gain in Voxengo MSED up to +3 or + 6 (the mode must be set to "inline"), then I can go as high as 50 in Meier and it helps (1) make the stereowidth wider and (2) solidify lateral sonic images and (3) improve the separation and positioning of sonic performers.

If anybody tries this combination, I would be glad to hear your impressions.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #2 of 3
That Meier VST appears to be a 32 bit plugin. Do you know where I can find it in a 64 bit version???

Hi

I like listening to music using a crossfeed effect.

Most often, I use Isone Pro (both the old version and the new version called TB Isone 3), Isone Pro Surround or 112dB Redline Monitor, Meier (as Foobar component or as VST plugin).

Each has its own merits and disadvantages.

Recently, I noticed that if I insert a mid-side plugin in front of a crossfeed plugin and try to boost the side gain a little bit, such signal pre-processing makes the final crossfeed effect more convincing. I believe it facilitates the job that a crossfeed plugin has to do :)

For example, try this combination, it sounds very good: Voxengo MSED VST plugin + Meier VST.

Normally, if I use Meier alone, I set the slider anywhere between 15 and 25. But if I use Meier with Voxengo MSED and increase the side gain in Voxengo MSED up to +3 or + 6 (the mode must be set to "inline"), then I can go as high as 50 in Meier and it helps (1) make the stereowidth wider and (2) solidify lateral sonic images and (3) improve the separation and positioning of sonic performers.

If anybody tries this combination, I would be glad to hear your impressions.

Mar 12, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #3 of 3
That Meier VST appears to be a 32 bit plugin. Do you know where I can find it in a 64 bit version???

No, sorry, I don't know. I think it does not exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back