Sick of low rise jeans!
Nov 15, 2005 at 4:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

wakeride74

Headphoneus Supremus
Before I complain this is not about the low rise for women... just men.

I went with the wife to Nordys last weekend and decided I'd pick up some new jeans. They had lots of cool stuff and I tried things on there and in some other stores as well. Why the hell is it so damn hard to find denim with a cool wash that is not low rise??? I mean What... we are guys we have no damn curves to hold them up... since when did plumber crack become cool??? I know they are supposed to be worn with a belt but I don't like wearing belts they are uncomfortable.

I eventually found some but what a pain in the @ss! It reminded me why I only buy surf labels and only shop on line... I guess I should stick with what I know. Ok I'm done bitching now
icon10.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 4:15 PM Post #2 of 43
The most annoying thing is everyone who wears them doesnt have an @ss worth looking at.

I hate them!

Plus I never wear jeans. Although my pair of italian-made chenille & lace skintight pants incoming
evil_smiley.gif

[size=xx-small]wait til the girls see this!
wink.gif
[/size]

Nov 15, 2005 at 4:23 PM Post #3 of 43
i like em. but then again, i am a male supermodel.

it's an empirical fact that the distance from your waistband to your nipples is inversely proportionate to age + hipness. that is, as you get older and/or less cool, your pants will creep up.

Nov 15, 2005 at 4:27 PM Post #4 of 43
Heh...I never got into the whole low rise and sagging thing. In my mind, low rise jeans are for girls.

Nov 15, 2005 at 4:34 PM Post #5 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
i like em. but then again, i am a male supermodel.

it's an empirical fact that the distance from your waistband to your nipples is inversely proportionate to age + hipness. that is, as you get older and/or less cool, your pants will creep up.

So you should wear your jeans around your ankles and be really cool?!?
rolleyes.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 4:34 PM Post #6 of 43
to expand on my initial post... as long as your waistband is at least one inch below your bellybutton, you're at least in the neutral area of the coolness spectrum. higher than that, and you rapidly gravitate toward "uncool."

evil_smiley.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 4:35 PM Post #7 of 43
Pfeh, Ill never care about being "cool". Although I dont see myself wearing anything above my belly button :-/

Nov 15, 2005 at 4:36 PM Post #8 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
So you should wear your jeans around your ankles and be really cool?!?
rolleyes.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

well i don't know about you, but generally i feel quite cool when my pants are down around my ankles.
wink.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 4:48 PM Post #9 of 43
Never had the urge to buy low rise jeans. I don't have the @ss to support it honestly. Most of my jeans are of the loose or baggy style by Levi's or Lucky Brand.

Nov 15, 2005 at 4:59 PM Post #11 of 43
I like the straight leg and slim fit boot cut is cool as long as it's not too country
tongue.gif

Most of my clothes are surf brands so I know how they fit and it's easy to order new stuff without trying it on and since Nor Cal sucks for surf shops I usually pick stuff up when I go down south or order from Ron Jons, Swell.com and Beckersurf.com etc.

Hurley, Billabong, Rip Curl, etc. all make great stuff with excellent fits and they last forever. I do have a pair of AG and Seven jeans that I really like and I just bought a pair of 575's which I'm really lovin but damn it's a job finding the regular rise today.

Nov 15, 2005 at 5:01 PM Post #12 of 43
ive got two diff pairs of slazenger tracksuit pants from the 90's that i still wear, fabric is very thin now though :p

always hated jeans ughh!

Nov 15, 2005 at 5:03 PM Post #13 of 43
I buy normal cut jeans but they probably look like low rise because I have to sag 'em so they don't look like I'm preparing for a flood.

tall guy with a skinny waist, and it sucks. You try finding 32/36 pants in any "normal" clothing store, I usually end up with 32/34, a belt, and pants halfway down my arse. Fortunately for the public as a whole, I wear boxers, so there's no unnecessary showing of crack.

This post brought to you by the words "full" and "disclosure".

Nov 15, 2005 at 5:07 PM Post #14 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
well i don't know about you, but generally i feel quite cool when my pants are down around my ankles.
wink.gif

evil_smiley.gif
...see, I really just prefer them off in that case... having them around my ankles would be rather restricting.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back