Sibilance on Phiaton PS200?
Mar 11, 2010 at 9:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

500+ Head-Fier
PS200 owners, did you find any outstanding sibilance with your pairs? I listen to mostly rock, and I'm finding nasty edges on words like 'sssecret' and 'tyke'- worse than even my ER6s. It's a shame, because otherwise I'm quite enjoying my brand new PS200s. I'm hoping it will sort out after a few dozen hours, but I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this.

And yes, I do know that balanced armatures supposedly don't have a burn-in period, but I'm going to play music for about a day or two through them anyways. Some users claim to have noticed significant changes with some armature 'phones, like the Shure SE530s.

Mar 19, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by 12345142 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And yes, I do know that balanced armatures supposedly don't have a burn-in period, but I'm going to play music for about a day or two through them anyways. Some users claim to have noticed significant changes with some armature 'phones, like the Shure SE530s.

There seems to be some consensus forming that balanced armatures with crossovers do have a burn-in period, that it's the caps in the crossovers that benefit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back