Siberia v2
Mar 22, 2013 at 9:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Alistoriv

New Head-Fier
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I recently broke my headset... I've been on the prowl for new headphones for a while, and I thought I might as well just combine the two. I don't have a huge budget and these things are about $80. Before I go ahead and buy them, I decided to come here and ask about the sound quality. So, Head-Fi, what do you think of the Steelseries Siberia v2 headset?

Mar 22, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #2 of 10
I used the v1 of the headset alot and ended up buying v2 myself a couple of years ago. At the time of writing this I don't even know where they are to be honest I gave them to my mom when she needed some headphones. I used them for VoIP, music, games and movies and they did an okey work when playing games like counter-strike or half-life2 (yeah this was some time ago) However, when talking music i found them lacking in the high end and low end, highs sort of pierced my ears if i got over 55% of volume. The bass isn't really anything to write home about, you can hear that it exists but it's not a good bass nor thumping in any matter. 
Things I really enjoyed though about them was the long cord and they never showed any signs of tear so they can really stand some beating if you're feeling up for it.  I'd look into the Beyerdynamic MMX-2 or AKG GHS-1 if you strictly narrow yourself to headsets rather than headphones.  

Happy hunting! 

Mar 23, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #3 of 10
lQuote:
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I recently broke my headset... I've been on the prowl for new headphones for a while, and I thought I might as well just combine the two. I don't have a huge budget and these things are about $80. Before I go ahead and buy them, I decided to come here and ask about the sound quality. So, Head-Fi, what do you think of the Steelseries Siberia v2 headset?

"Head-fi" will probably disapprove and tell you to buy audiophile-recommended headphones over gaming headsets, and just get a separate mic cable. Head-fi-ers generally do not have a good opinion of dedicated gaming headsets. If you just jump through any of the gaming headset threads, you will quickly see.

I have read that the Steelseries Siberia v2 headset has good sound quality for a gaming headset, but I have never tried them.

Mar 23, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #4 of 10
I had the Siberia V2's up until recently.  I think they sounded pretty good for being a gaming headset.  The sound in general was pretty well rounded and perfectly capable of boomy bass when EQ'ed.  They are a closed type headset so it doesn't leak out a whole lot of noise so it should be good for late night gaming.  If you like a more open sound, the Razer Carcharias are a good set to consider as well.

Quote:
"Head-fi" will probably disapprove and tell you to buy audiophile-recommended headphones over gaming headsets, and just get a separate mic cable. Head-fi-ers generally do not have a good opinion of dedicated gaming headsets. If you just jump through any of the gaming headset threads, you will quickly see.

Haha well said.  I do prefer having a good headphone with a separate mic, but the convenience with a headset is nice.

Mar 24, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #6 of 10
I had the Siberia V2's up until recently.  I think they sounded pretty good for being a gaming headset.  The sound in general was pretty well rounded and perfectly capable of boomy bass when EQ'ed.  They are a closed type headset so it doesn't leak out a whole lot of noise so it should be good for late night gaming.  If you like a more open sound, the Razer Carcharias are a good set to consider as well.

Haha well said.  I do prefer having a good headphone with a separate mic, but the convenience with a headset is nice.

How are the Carcharias for sound?

Jun 22, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #7 of 10
I bought the Siberia V2 (Blue frost ediiton) to be precise just looking at video reviews like this one :wink:

Oct 15, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #10 of 10
My gosh have the months passed. I remember having these, and I STILL DO! Hahaha
In the beginning, the A900X sounded like the Siberia V2's without burn in and a decent source. However as time passed, I noticed there was a lot more detail in the A900X, instruments started pushing away from each other and became wide with a 3d enclosed soundstage.

The Siberia V2's actually have a narrower soundstage, just by a tad bit. It's odd because they're advertised as gaming headphones...
I'm listening to these right now, particularly Vocaloids and Nightcore which are of terrible remixed qualities with sibilant vocals. It's easy to get used to of the Siberia's sound signature after 10 minutes of listenning. It's just an easy listen, it's not laid back like the open sennheiser's, but they're not detailed so they make all recordings sound relaxing to listen to.

The Siberia V2's are what got me into the suspension type headphones, as you can see I own the Q701's and A900X's that have suspension headbands. They're just so much more comfortable than regular headbands in my opinion, plus I can hook them on my headphone rack without worrying about leaving a dent in the headphone pads :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back