Shure's Push-To-Hear
Sep 7, 2006 at 11:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sethie

Head-Fier
I'm really interested in Shure's PTH piece of hardware. Is it possible to buy it and use it for any IEMs out there or is it just specifically for Shure's E500?

I own a UM1 and would love to get this if it works with my UM1.

Sep 7, 2006 at 12:30 PM Post #2 of 5
Shure will be selling it standalone within the next few months. I'll work with anything, although as I understand it the microphone is at the end the cable where it attaches to the rest of the headphone. You'll want this part dangling in front of you, but if you can figure out the cable management, it should work just fine.

Another option for acquiring one is to keep checking the For Sale Forum. I'm sure there will be E500 users who have no use for it and will be looking to recoup some of the cost.

Sep 8, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #3 of 5
I know I'll probably be selling mine. I prefer no bulk. But it says "for use with Shure earphones only" so I would research if they would work for you.

Sep 8, 2006 at 2:34 AM Post #4 of 5
It should work on all headphones, but wire management would be tough. The wires coming off the E500 are only about 16" long, then they connect into the mic and the mic clips on your shirt upfront. On a regular set of phones the wires being much longer would put the mic in a odd place, if you don't mind a mess of wires it should work fine. I would sell you mine but I love it too much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back