Shure, you gotta be kidding.
Jul 25, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #46 of 135
well, I guess a lot more Canadians will end up with Ultimate Ears XXX now. It's Shure's loss.

I certainly won't be paying the inflated prices at a Canadian Shure distributor.

Jul 25, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #47 of 135
Just compare the price from tigerdirect.ca to any U.S retailer. The difference is over $200.00 that is still around the $150.00 USD mark. Just wait a month or so and people will be selling their E500s. That is what I am going to do, just wait a month or so read some more reviews and then buy.

Jul 25, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #48 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by kichu1979
It's really bad practive to change things like that in last minute...

Flavio specifically noted that, "It was not a recent decision made by Shure. It is their policy.

Jul 25, 2006 at 7:46 PM Post #50 of 135
I understand that Shure has put a lot of pressure on small businesses like earphonesolutions.com, they love big retailers like Amazon or Bestbuy or whatever. People visit Amazon to buy cheap Sony earphones, books or to rent DVDs not to buy $500 IEMs. I don't understand why they can't see that.
Don't know when I will have my hands on these babies
frown.gif
There's nowhere in the UK one can pre-order E500 nor is there an official distributor, it's really bad and depressing
mad.gif

Jul 25, 2006 at 7:50 PM Post #51 of 135
That sounds like a mafia cartel!
confused.gif
mad.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny G
Thats exactly it. Shure has a distributor in Canada, SF Marketing. They have been appointed the exclusive distributor for Shure products in the territory of Canada.

According to their contract (if it is at all similar to mine with Ultrasone), they can ONLY sell Shure products in Canada, and they probably also have an agreement with their resellers that THEY can only sell to Canadians.

And the same goes for SHURE USA. In order not to compete with SF Marketing, they must also have an agreement not to sell to Canadian resellers/individuals, and also their own resellers in the US must agree not to sell to markets other than the US.

It is to protect the distributors market...otherwise, all Canadians will start buying from the US, and put SF out of business. Same goes for other markets.

If a product is $60 US stateside, and 100 EUR in Germany, and all the Germans started buying from the US, then their German distribution will be losing business.

Granted, with all that said, it should be up to the distributor to keep their retail prices similar to their competing markets.

For instance, in the US, an Ultrasone HFI-15G retails for $99.00 USD. In Canada, we have it listed at $115.00 CAD.

According to current exchange rates, these prices are roughly even and Canadians dont have much of a reason to buy from the US, and vice versa. Because of this price structure, we dont have to impose that type of agreement with our resellers, restricting who they can sell to.

If you would like to contact the Canadian distributor for SHURE, their info is at www.sfm.ca (consumer section).

Jul 25, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #53 of 135
Well, Shure isn't the only company that does this "overpriced in Canada" thing. I always find this ridiculous considering the close location and relationship between the US and Canada, and the free trade agreement that there is just a huge price difference on electronics. I know there're difference in tax and law, and supply and demand but usually the difference is just outrageous.

Jul 25, 2006 at 8:02 PM Post #54 of 135
I don't see any other message at earphonesolutions or at other vendor which says that Shure products don't ship outside the US except the E500... This must be only a recent policy change...

And one autherized Shure dealer in Europe has an wholesale price of 460$ excluding tax and their retail price inlcuding tax is 754$. As some retailers in the US are selling them for 399$, Shure is the one who is eager to charge customers outside the US extra...

Jul 25, 2006 at 8:09 PM Post #55 of 135
This would all be fine if Shure actually distributed them in the UK. Nowhere in the UK even acknowledges they exist and no UK sites listed on Shures website have them even on pre-order.

Jul 25, 2006 at 8:14 PM Post #56 of 135
Exactly!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuurajou
This would all be fine if Shure actually distributed them in the UK. Nowhere in the UK even acknowledges they exist and no UK sites listed on Shures website have them even on pre-order.

Jul 25, 2006 at 8:24 PM Post #57 of 135
If anyone outside the US wants to buy these, I can buy them for you and ship it to you as long as you pay for shipping. PM me if you want me to help you out.

Jul 25, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #58 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
If anyone outside the US wants to buy these, I can buy them for you and ship it to you as long as you pay for shipping. PM me if you want me to help you out.

Does this mean that I only pay for shipping but you pay for the headphone?
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #59 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by shuurajou
Does this mean that I only pay for shipping but you pay for the headphone?
biggrin.gif

Yes, thats EXACTLY what i meant
rolleyes.gif

Jul 25, 2006 at 8:48 PM Post #60 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
Yes, thats EXACTLY what i meant
rolleyes.gif

Was just joking
smily_headphones1.gif
. I may take you up on that offer if I can't get hold of my pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back