SHURE Vs. ULTIMATE EARS ???
Jan 16, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Myotis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
didn't know earphones too could give feedbacks.....
always assumed that was a prerogative of speakers, guitar amplifiers, etc.
happy_face1.gif

Uh...exactly. That's why if the earphones emitted feedback then you'd be in trouble.
smile_phones.gif

Jan 16, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #17 of 23
For low end (under $100) Super Fi 3 is excellent.

For medium range (under $180) Super Fi Pro is excellent but many competitors.

Beyond $200 I would take Shure SE530 before TFPro if it has anything to do with rock music.

Beyond $250-300 looking for furthur improvement, consider Westone 3 or Senn IE8.

Jan 16, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beyond $250-300 looking for furthur improvement, consider Westone 3 or Senn IE8.

Shouldn't that read, "For beyond $300++"

atsmile.gif

Jan 16, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #19 of 23
My Super.Fi 5 Pro's, I've found, do a very, very good job in mids and highs, but in the bass department they are a little lacking. Obviously it's not horrible, but I simply prefer a better mid+hi experience over deeper bass. But if you're looking for more bass, consider something else.

Jan 16, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #20 of 23
I too suggest skipping the middle-fi and going straight to the top if you can possibly afford it. it'll save you some time and money in the long run. yeah the saying rings true 'sorry about your wallet' be careful or you'll end up with a sig like mine in 6 months. I would recommend the SE530 over triple-fi and westone 3 over those 2. IE8 I will know in a few weeks.
tongue.gif
see thats what i'm talking about

Jan 16, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Wang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to Head-Fi, and sorry about your wallet. Trust me, pick up whichever is fine, because some day, not far from now, you will get the others.

classic..this may be a new edition to my sig if Wang does not mind. Too true this statement is to the OP.

Jan 20, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #22 of 23
I'd go with the SE530's over the westones.....the westone 3 has more demanding bass....but the 530's are crystal clear and well balanced, with a strong but not overpowering bass. But thats my personal preference.

Jan 20, 2009 at 8:14 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by freedomflyer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Super.Fi 5 Pro's, I've found, do a very, very good job in mids and highs, but in the bass department they are a little lacking. Obviously it's not horrible, but I simply prefer a better mid+hi experience over deeper bass. But if you're looking for more bass, consider something else.

yea same here as well. i love my super.fi pros. the only thing that i would like to be more prominent would be the bass but that is not even really much of a big deal. if i wanted bassy i would have just picked up some vibes or something. great iem's imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back