Shure upgrade / replacement cable (SHR440, SHR840 etc etc)
Feb 20, 2014 at 9:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

H20Fidelity

Headphoneus Supremus
I have no idea if this cable has been mentioned on Head-fi, although the stock cables jack was driving me crazy on my SHR440, far to long and putting strain on my Studio V input jack. After looking around for many days I managed to find an replacement/upgrade cable that people may be interested for Shure headphones and a cheap price too. You can see the cable below which comes in 1.2, 1.5, 1.8 meter selections. I'll create this thread so hopefully the next person who uses our search feature has better luck than I did looking.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/310790201288?var=610218446333&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I'll report in once the cable arrives with some more photos and any sound changes I might hear.

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #2 of 8
I doubt there will be sonic changes unless the Shure cable has really high resistance. 

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #3 of 8
  I doubt there will be sonic changes unless the Shure cable has really high resistance. 

Maybe it will be worse? The feedback for this cable seems to suggest it sounds better.

I'll be happy if nothing changes apart from the long annoying stock Shure jack. 

Feb 22, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #4 of 8

Maybe it will be worse? The feedback for this cable seems to suggest it sounds better.

I'll be happy if nothing changes apart from the long annoying stock Shure jack. 

Perhaps. I don't think it will be though. 

It does look nice though. 

Feb 22, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #5 of 8
  Perhaps. I don't think it will be though. 

It does look nice though. 

Way to spoil the party Lin, 
mad.gif
 May as well get a refund and cancel the order now.....

Mar 10, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #8 of 8
The cable arrived a few days ago, (took about 12 days)  which looks identical to the pictures in the OP. It seems to sound exactly the same if not a little edgy from what I remember though it's really tit for tat. (the same) The cable is rather flexible and has strain reliefs build in under the sheathing at the headphone end.  Because of the sheathing it's rather tangle resistant so the build is very nice. It works exactly as described and has more or less turned my SHR440 into something much easier to handle with a shorter jack that could even now be used on the go rather easy with an MP3 player.

For under $20 it was well worth the purchase, plus it looks nice on the headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back