Shure Tri-Flanges?
Jul 9, 2005 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Soundbuff

100+ Head-Fier
Where can you get a good deal on Tri-Flanges for the Shure E5 / E4c?

I had one pair that came with my E5's, but cut the smallest tips off (because they seemed too large), and now they don't fit well. Maybe I should have cut the largest flanges off instead.

I noticed a pair of Tri-Flanges cost about $10 each on the Shure site...this seems like an unreasonably high price for only one pair.

Can other brands of Tri-Flanges be used with the E5 / E4c, or can the Shure Tri-Flanges be bought elsewhere for less?

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 9, 2005 at 2:37 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundbuff
Where can you get a good deal on Tri-Flanges for the Shure E5 / E4c?

I had one pair that came with my E5's, but cut the smallest tips off (because they seemed too large), and now they don't fit well. Maybe I should have cut the largest flanges off instead.

I noticed a pair of Tri-Flanges cost about $10 each on the Shure site...this seems like an unreasonably high price for only one pair.

Can other brands of Tri-Flanges be used with the E5 / E4c, or can the Shure Tri-Flanges be bought elsewhere for less?

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Tri-flanges from Ety's. I use them exclusively on my E3c and now E4c. Much cheaper than Shure's and basically same thing except tht they don't have ridiculously long tube at the root. Fit nicely anyway.

Jul 9, 2005 at 3:08 AM Post #3 of 4
These would be the Tri-Flanges for the ER-4P right?

Do you know if they will fit the E5 as well as the E4c?

Edit: Also, do you buy them directly from Etymotic or is there a better site?

Jul 9, 2005 at 4:14 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundbuff
These would be the Tri-Flanges for the ER-4P right?

Do you know if they will fit the E5 as well as the E4c?

Edit: Also, do you buy them directly from Etymotic or is there a better site?

Yes, the ones I use are for ER-4p.

I would assume that E3/E4/E5 both use same shaft since Shure accessories page lists tri-flanges as suitable for all 3 models.

I bought directly from Ety but if you google/froogle or look on ebay I'm sure you'll find them cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back