Shure SRH840 pleather getting loose...
Mar 3, 2011 at 11:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

cris0631

Head-Fier
I've had the 840s for about a month now. After some regular use the pleather is getting loose. To avoid further damage. I put some that 3m stuff on it and wrap some elec tape where it's getting loose. So, does it look ugly? Should I have just gotten a replacement? or just keep them...Also is anyone else having this problem?

Mar 4, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #3 of 9
This also happened to the headband of my SRH440(in the first month of ownership), I've had them for about four months now and the issue hasn't gotten worse,  It's unlikely to get worse especially with the tape you put there, but if you're not confindent then you can exchange them for another pair.  Though, I say keep 'em.  I think the black tape adds to their workman like character and looks.
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2011 at 9:53 AM Post #4 of 9
I've had my 840s for a while now, and I've not noticed anything breaking down. I use them every day too! 

I'm considering removing the cans from the headband entirely, installing micro-bluetooth transmitters and inventing a new form of skin & hair friendly re-usable adhesive for the pads. 

Than I can have the cans stuck to my head, like Princess Leia, for real. This eliminates any head-band damage and discomfort, whilst still enjoying my Shures to their full potential.

Jamie.

Mar 4, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #5 of 9
I'm glad that I'm not the only one with this issue. The only reason I don't want to get a replacement is b/c I've been using them for a while and they have gotten some decent amount of burn in (if burn in is even real :p )

Mar 4, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #8 of 9
dang. he butchered that band! I don't think my ocd can handle that. I do like those pads though I think my phones are plenty comfortable right now. I saw the 940s that are going to come out soon. I got to admit that I'm a bit jealous. That silver makes the phones look more pleasing to the eyes. But why couldn't they do something about the bulk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back