Shure SRH-840 vs Audio Technica Ath-m50
Aug 23, 2012 at 7:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ksz210

New Head-Fier
I almost decided on buying the shure headphones but then i saw there was a deal on the audio technica m50s. i read some reviews and some people said the m50s were a little heavier in bass and lighter in the mids

the shure headphones are ~$150
the m50 are only 100.

tl;dr- are the shure headphones worth the extra 50?

Aug 23, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
I almost decided on buying the shure headphones but then i saw there was a deal on the audio technica m50s. i read some reviews and some people said the m50s were a little heavier in bass and lighter in the mids

the m50 are only 100.

it depends, what genre will you be using the cans for?.. are you after its portability?.. remember that the shure has a detachable cable wherein the m50 doesn't..

you're looking on 2 different cans with different sound sig :wink:

Aug 23, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

the m50 are only 100.

Heya,

Depends on what qualities in a headphone you're looking for. There are also other options in this range too. Options I would suggest over both of these. But it depends again on what qualities you're after.

Very best,

Aug 23, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

it depends, what genre will you be using the cans for?.. are you after its portability?.. remember that the shure has a detachable cable wherein the m50 doesn't..

you're looking on 2 different cans with different sound sig :wink:

Thank you very much.

How do the Krk KNS8400 compare to the shure? they both offer a detachable cable, but my concern is now the isloation that they both have, the shure are still about 40 dollars more expensive

Aug 23, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Thank you very much.

How do the Krk KNS8400 compare to the shure? they both offer a detachable cable, but my concern is now the isloation that they both have, the shure are still about 40 dollars more expensive

i haven't tried the Krk.. so honestly, i can't give any opinion between the 2.. but if you want a much cheaper can w/c has good isolation you can go for a lower shure, w/c is the srh440..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back