Shure SRH 840 - $158.99 a good price for a new pair?
May 17, 2010 at 12:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

gohanssjn

100+ Head-Fier
About to pull the trigger on a pair on Amazon for the above price (no shipping cost, yay Prime).

Good for that price?  I want to order in the next few hours if it is so I get them Wednesday :D

Will be paired with an iPod Touch 2G and from my X-fi -> Logitech G51 Speaker pod -> 840s on my computer.  So I should be able to drive them easily without an amp for now.

Thanks all!

EDIT: I also have a $75 GC to amazon, so that comes into play here
wink.gif

May 17, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #5 of 12
Yeah, the other thing is they are authorized, and Shure assured me that even if it was a non-Amazon seller, but said "Fulfilled by Amazon," they'd honor the warranty too.

Ok, going to order I suppose.

May 17, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #6 of 12
Shure replaced my SE530s, I bought on Amazon that were "Sold by Z Electria" without any hassle so you should be fine.

May 17, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #7 of 12

Quote:
Shure replaced my SE530s, I bought on Amazon that were "Sold by Z Electria" without any hassle so you should be fine.

Yeah, they said if it came through there that I'd be fine on a warranty.

I also have a pair of Sennheiser HD212pro's and was looking for something a bit more even (those are very bassy), so hopefully this will fit the bill :)

Probably get more use than my Shure SE310s as well, and I LOVE those.

Hopefully these will be a step up and not just a horizontal move.

May 17, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #8 of 12
Go for it! Amazon has a very good return policy, so if you have any problem with your new phones you can change it right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back