Shure SRH-1440 vs Audio-Technica AD900x/AD1000x
Jan 28, 2016 at 1:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

AzraelDarkangel

500+ Head-Fier
I recently bought an AD900x after having owned an Ultrasone pro750 for awhile which I never liked that much because I felt they were inferior in about every way to the Beyerdynamic dt880 pro I used to own but sold when I badly needed money. The Ultrasone is thin sounding through the mids with rough peaky highs. The Byer was very smooth and the highs never bothered me but the mids lacked body. The AD900x has fabulous mids and now I'm addicted to the way it portrays intimate and sugar sweet female vocals. Although I somehow bent the plug badly and now need to get it recabled. However, I thought about getting the AD1000x in the meantime (supposedly sounds very very close to the AD2000x). I've always heard good things about Shure mids but never remember seeing a comparison to Audio-Technica. The 1440 is supposed to have the best mids in the Shure lineup. Any closed cans with competitive mids for female vocals? (budget about $400)

Joshua

Jan 28, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #2 of 2
I  was also thinking that another option is to get closed cans like Oppo pm-3 to compliment the AD900x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back