Shure SE535 with Effect cable problem
Feb 14, 2014 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

wiz561

New Head-Fier
I have a set of Shure SE535's with the Effect Audio Pearl upgrade cable.  The IEM's are about 18 months old and the cable is about a year old.  It seems like when moving around or rotating the cable, the sound will click in and out...almost like it's a loose connection.

Doing some research, it looks like the SE535's have/had(?) a problem with the connector not making a great connection and causing the problem.  When I put the stock cable back on, it seems like things are good.  I then put the Effect cable back on, and it had the problem again.  Put the stock back on, and it seems good again.

Now I will say that I take extremely good care of these cables and SE535's.  I don't work out with them, don't do stuff with them, just sit at my desk with them.  I originally had the SE530's which developed the infamous cable split right after the warranty expired.  I paid $250-ish for an after warranty replacement for the se535's, and now that the warranty is almost up with the se535's, I'm a little concerned that this is a problem with the IEM and not the cable.

I was wondering if anybody has had a similar problem with the Effect Cable, or if anybody had any suggestions.  Thanks in advanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back