shure se535 sound weird
Nov 18, 2016 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jessietigres

100+ Head-Fier
hi guys i just got some shure se 535 i get a great seal but they sound wierd sometimes bass heavy sometimes sibilant first iems i just want to know if they are supposed to sound like a full headphone as a reference because i don't find these even coming close to momentums over ear

Nov 18, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessietigres /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi guys i just got some shure se 535 i get a great seal but they sound wierd sometimes bass heavy sometimes sibilant first iems i just want to know if they are supposed to sound like a full headphone as a reference because i don't find these even coming close to momentums over ear

​Bass heavy and sibilant aren't mutually exclusive. You can have a headphone or IEM or even speaker system that has a huge bass response plateau and then have a peak somewhere within 5000hz to 9000hz that makes it sibilant at the same time. This can be due to a number of things, like in-room acoustic issues in the case of speakers, wearing them too tight in the case of headphones, and in IEMs, possibly a fit issue.

If what you are experiencing is that on the same track it can sound dark now and then bright later, try other tips. It isn't particularly bright but it can be darker if your ears are compressing the tips enough to partially close off the bore on the tip, and then maybe you're not getting a good fit when it's bright. Don't just try the included tips - look up what else fits, or try the service that makes custom tips for Shure IEMs.

Nov 18, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #3 of 7
i actually understand what it happening now sound wise they have sibilance definitely splashy cymbles everywhere and make recording sound pretty old i've tried most tips they come with some do seal really good but still that sibilance is there and im not treble sensitive at all i use k702 daily 

Nov 18, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #4 of 7
  i actually understand what it happening now sound wise they have sibilance definitely splashy cymbles everywhere and make recording sound pretty old i've tried most tips they come with some do seal really good but still that sibilance is there and im not treble sensitive at all i use k702 daily 

The K702 drivers are also farther from your eardrums while the IEMs' are jammed in your ear canals. The way the response curve will be perceived by the listener isn't always uniform due to that, on top of ambient noise. Turn it down a bit on the Shures - are the cymbals still splashy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back