Shure se530's, its been 2 weeks and I need more oomph
Jan 6, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #31 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
..unless youre listening to a binaural recording, then IEMs are the ultimate in soundstage
wink.gif

Yeah, I was going to post the same. It begs the question why IEMs are limited on soundstage with non-binaural recordings? I'm thinking it is not their design, but the recordings themselves, which apparently target external speakers and headphones. Maybe that's the same difference, but clearly IEMs can have fantastic soundstage.

Jan 6, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #32 of 42
And if you still want an IEM, get Atrio M5. They do not need amping, have great "natural" bass (not basshead) and deliver a very rich and natural sound.

Their soundstage is very impressive( with correctly encoded music) and the separation is very clean, IMO.

Some went as far as to say they reminded them of headphone/sounded like headphones.

For $150 you stay "portable", and enjoy your music,

regards,

Jan 6, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #33 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And if you still want an IEM, get Atrio M5. They do not need amping, have great "natural" bass (not basshead) and deliver a very rich and natural sound.

Their soundstage is very impressive( with correctly encoded music) and the separation is very clean, IMO.

Some went as far as to say they reminded them of headphone/sounded like headphones.

For $150 you stay "portable", and enjoy your music,

regards,

I'm very interested in these dynamic IEMs and dunno if they can deliver a more pleasent and relax sound than the armature ones.

Jan 6, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #34 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illidan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm very interested in these dynamic IEMs and dunno if they can deliver a more pleasent and relax sound than the armature ones.

To answer your question, I'd need to try high quality armatures for a certain period of time. I believe getting used to the sound signature is the key before giving advices.

I'm very satisfied with the Atrio and it would only be curiosity, and not unsatisfaction or upgraditis, that would make me start the process of evaluating a new model of IEM.

regards,

Jan 6, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #35 of 42
To the Op:

IMO, I think 2 weeks is way too short a time period to start the upgradatis. The review are that the Shure se530 are pretty good IEMs. And if they are worth $250+, give yourself time to get used to their sound signature.

This comment is really only IMO...

regards,

Jan 7, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #36 of 42
Quote:

To answer your question, I'd need to try high quality armatures for a certain period of time. I believe getting used to the sound signature is the key before giving advices.

I'm very satisfied with the Atrio and it would only be curiosity, and not unsatisfaction or upgraditis, that would make me start the process of evaluating a new model of IEM.

regards,

Thanks Caribou, I really want to see more detailed thread about the dynamic IEMs(Universal/Custom) as the vey high sound quality and listenning experience the producer claimed.

Jan 7, 2008 at 6:48 AM Post #37 of 42
Quote:

To the Op:

IMO, I think 2 weeks is way too short a time period to start the upgradatis. The review are that the Shure se530 are pretty good IEMs. And if they are worth $250+, give yourself time to get used to their sound signature.

This comment is really only IMO...

regards,

x2

Jan 7, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #38 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Total Airhead or Bithead, if you still limit your budget $150.

Why nobody recommends UltimateEars Super.fi 5 EB, the most bassy IEM I know. Westone UM2 is also more bassy than Shure E530.

yeah ive known people return there se530 and buy the EB's they
where very happy with them

i have the super fi eb's and they have plenty of bass for me.yes a am a huge basshead and i like my eb's alot,they compete very good with my fullsize dt770.
and dt770's are well know for there awsome bass.

Jan 7, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #39 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregious /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How's your fit? Are you sure you're getting a good seal? The SE530 bass is definitely not boomy, but it is very solid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SE530 lacking in bass? It arguably has an overwhelming lower register.

Definite fit issue.

What tips are you using? How positive are you that you are getting a good seal?

From your description of the sound you are getting from the E530 it appears to me that Gregious and Spyro have probably identified the source of the bass problem.

Jan 15, 2008 at 9:41 AM Post #40 of 42
IEM takes some getting use to, especially the fit. I was so disappointed with the etys in my 1st week, then I found the sweet spot.

I just got a pair of SE530 and they are definitely not bass-shy when fitted properly. The shure is the warmest and has more bass quantity, which makes a nice contrast in my line-up.

I suggest you give all the various tips size/type a try before giving up.

And good luck!

Jan 15, 2008 at 11:08 AM Post #41 of 42
Just to give the original poster another perspective...

I don't think the SE530's are for everyone. I bought some for myself after all the raves here, but I too was left wanting more and didn't really find them that fantastic. Infact, I kept going back to my Ultimate Ears super.fi 5 Pro - even though I bought the shures to replace these!

In the end, I put it down to the shure's sound just not being right for me. People will obviously say the Shure's are way better - but I really think it just comes down to what YOU find sounds best to YOUR ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back