Shure SE530's Arrived today !
Jun 3, 2008 at 11:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

mr56k

500+ Head-Fier
So as the title says the SE530's were waiting for me when I got home from work. First the box it comes in is amazing lol. A very tight packed cube of goodies
smily_headphones1.gif
. I almost thought I got ripped off because I opened the box and found everything but the shure iems. They were hiding towards the bottom seperated from the rest. So in anticapation of the Shures arriving I started to rip my iTunes library to Apple Lossless. I have about 600 tunes done so far
mad.gif
. So I plugged them in and have been listening to them for about 20mins. First thing I notice? The bass. It is very controlled in comparison to my previous iems. Its not as powering as say my UM1's but It's nowhere as "Muddy?' . Next is comfort. So far feel pretty good. I'm using the black foamies. Isolation is pretty good but not the best I have used. I will have to try some other tips just in case. The cable is really reallly short until you plug in the extension lol. I can see this being useful for my mp3 player though. Another thing I'm noticing is the vocals. They sound very smoothe and much more present then my previous in ears. Also is it just my equipment or are these really sensitive? Even on my macbook I get some hissing if nothing is playing. Does anyone in here no if these in ears benefit from burn in?? So far I think they are verrry good! The money I spent good? Don't no yet. I will reply back in a day or two. Just figured I would share. Plan on watching some dvd's later.

Ryan

Jun 3, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #3 of 22
In case you don't like them and wanna check out tf10s shoot a PM, I also got my tf10s today and can't get them to fit right... Good luck with shures...

Jun 3, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #4 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by alitomr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you compare them to your HD555??

I have the HD650 and i think I will trade them for a pair of SE530 or triple fi. I havent decided which one to get first though...the hunt continues.

I think the vocals are better on the shures. The bass is tighter and more controlled "IMO". I wish they didn't stick out as far as they do. Guess I got spoiled withe the westone's. They are comfy but just stick out from the ear.

Jun 4, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #6 of 22
Congrats on the 530's. I absolutely love mine!

Jun 4, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr56k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the vocals are better on the shures. The bass is tighter and more controlled "IMO". I wish they didn't stick out as far as they do. Guess I got spoiled withe the westone's. They are comfy but just stick out from the ear.

They shouldn't be sticking out too much at all. My guess is you aren't putting them far enough in to your ear canal lol. Unless of course we just have really varying ear shapes, though from most of the pics I've seen online, my fit is pretty common.

IMG_5136bcopyB.jpg

IEM2.jpg

IEM.jpg

Also, if you use them on an MP3 player, I'd recommend tweaking the EQ slightly to improve the sounds to your tastes. I've upped the higher frequencies to make up for the rolled off highs (now they are crisp and sparkle, but not too much that it suffers from overt hiss or sibilance) I'm still tinkering, but I've found these settings produce the best universal results so far.

EQ.jpg

I've used quite a few different MP3 players with my SE530's now, ranging from a Sony Ericsson W910i, iPhone 8GB, iTouch 16GB, iPod Video 30GB, iPod Nano Video, N95 8GB and the N81 8GB.

Of them all the N95 8GB/N81 8GB and Nano Video were by far the best. Offering far more detail and punch than all the other devices. There's terrible hiss on the iPhone and Touch, and the bass is really bloated and un-refined on the other iPod. On the N95 8GB (latest FW) and N81, as well as the Nano Video, sound is clearer and base a lot tighter and punchier. The Nano has a slightly more timid balanced sound, but the Nokia's pack more of a punch and imo more details. The base especially seems a lot tighter and has more of a composed kick with the N95 8GB and N81. One thing I will say is that I was shocked at how much of a difference the audio player made with the earphones. My N95 8GB I actually prefer over my X-Fi on my PC and the Z5500 decoder. I just need a proper amp now which is the next thing I'm saving up for.

Jun 4, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlavioWolff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Naim, what you comment on the W910i?

I only briefly used it, but from what I could tell, I thought it lacked the clarity of the Nokia, and bloated the base a little. Base was too overpowering.

That said, I did not have time to tinker with EQ's on the W910i, so I'll reserve judgement, but the Nokia definitely appeared to offer a more clear sound. Mainly with the base, which as I mentioned above, was just a tad more refined and had a tighter punch.

Jun 4, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #11 of 22
Wow you just got them and are now selling them? IMHO I would give them a little more time and maybe try all the tips. Just in case you may have seller's remorse down the line. Just my 2 cents.

Jun 4, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by riceboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow you just got them and are now selling them? IMHO I would give them a little more time and maybe try all the tips. Just in case you may have seller's remorse down the line. Just my 2 cents.

He never said he was selling them...lol.

Jun 4, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naim.F.C /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He never said he was selling them...lol.

Thanks Naim lol. Unfortunately he is now right. After several hours of use I can say iem's are just not for me. The only set I had luck with were the Westone series but didn't care for there sound. I got the fit right and I did try all the tips "I'm not new to iems by any stretch
biggrin.gif
". So now they are up for sale in the FS section. The UE Superfi 10 and the SE530 just irritate my ears too much. At first there fine but I work on my computer most of the day and need something more comfortable. I have came to the conclusion I'm just going to buy a full size "Durable" headphone for commute. Something like the Byerdynamic DT series. Just carry that in my laptop backpack. This way it will be comfortable for sure lol. Thanks for everyones input .

Jun 4, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr56k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Naim lol. Unfortunately he is now right. After several hours of use I can say iem's are just not for me. The only set I had luck with were the Westone series but didn't care for there sound. I got the fit right and I did try all the tips "I'm not new to iems by any stretch
biggrin.gif
". So now they are up for sale in the FS section. The UE Superfi 10 and the SE530 just irritate my ears too much. At first there fine but I work on my computer most of the day and need something more comfortable. I have came to the conclusion I'm just going to buy a full size "Durable" headphone for commute. Something like the Byerdynamic DT series. Just carry that in my laptop backpack. This way it will be comfortable for sure lol. Thanks for everyones input .

Good luck on your sale. I'm sure they will sell sooner than later
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back