Shure SE530PTH for 300$?
Mar 4, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #3 of 12
Also note those are from a third part seller not from amazon themselves. Electronica Direct is who actually sells them. Now the person above me is correct. Usually when amazon allows a thrid party to use amazons services and is not an auction, then they usually go through some fairly stringent guidelines as to the legitimacy of their product. However it's not actually sold through amazon directly.

Mar 4, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by alysony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also note those are from a third part seller not from amazon themselves. Electronica Direct is who actually sells them. Now the person above me is correct. Usually when amazon allows a thrid party to use amazons services and is not an auction, then they usually go through some fairly stringent guidelines as to the legitimacy of their product. However it's not actually sold through amazon directly.

Yeah... That's what really has me wary about the item. The sellers rating seems good enough... But with the thread about counterfeits and the fact that they are using the product picture from Shure's website rather than their own pics is what has my "spidey sense" tingling.

Mar 4, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #5 of 12
when are the new models with removable cables due?
redface.gif

Mar 4, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #6 of 12
That price is not unusual though. There have been similar deals for those IEMs for a few years now.

Mar 4, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #7 of 12
same place/price I got mine and they aren't fakes.

Mar 4, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #8 of 12
Just an fyi...I got a pair from soundearphones.com last week..shipped for $300. I just emailed them for a better price than they had listed..got back with me within minutes with the $300 price. Don't know if this week it'll be the same but worth a try. Great dealer and a sponsor here. Good luck.

Mar 4, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Domojin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah... That's what really has me wary about the item. The sellers rating seems good enough... But with the thread about counterfeits and the fact that they are using the product picture from Shure's website rather than their own pics is what has my "spidey sense" tingling.

Honestly from what I've seen of the counterfeits, I'm more concerned about anything from the cn/hk area. Anything that is shipped in the US and is from a large sale seller (this guy) I'm thinking are probably legit. I cite for example I just bought a pair of 350's off of ebay. I was scared to death they were fake. What made me think otherwise was the fact that they were unopened, the seller had multiples of the same item (wholesale) and pretty much everything else he was selling wasn't some sort of knockoff. If you look at what they are selling, and it doesn't look like cheap crap, and the fact that they are selling a bunch of them, most likely they are legit. It's the one offs where they are from sellers who sell....crap and suddenly there is the golden goose in the crap.

Mar 5, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #10 of 12
Im thinking about picking up a pair
But I want the 2 year warranty from a authorized dealer. Because everyone seems to have problems with the cables, and i dont want to go and spend so much money on something ust to have them brake in a year or so.

Do you guys think Im being too worried? or should i get them for the low price?

Mar 5, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #11 of 12
Well the way I see it, if they break I'll probably just get them converted into custom molds...or do something less legitimate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back