Shure SE530 with RSA Hornet?
Dec 26, 2007 at 1:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

deathsharp

Head-Fier
I'm browsing the hundreds of page of this forum and having a hard time finding any impression of the Shure SE530 coupled with the RSA Hornet.
Anyone care to tell me how the SE530 sounds with the Hornet?

Dec 26, 2007 at 3:51 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by deathsharp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm browsing the hundreds of page of this forum and having a hard time finding any impression of the Shure SE530 coupled with the RSA Hornet.
Anyone care to tell me how the SE530 sounds with the Hornet?

I have both and give me good results but Hornet-TF10 is made in heaven. If you listen mostly to Jazz, Classical and Vocals SE530 would be an advantage.

Dec 26, 2007 at 4:46 PM Post #4 of 9
well, I listen mostly to Blues/Rock, but I also have Pop, Jazz, Rock, Classical.. pretty much everything.
thing is, the TF10 seem to stick out quite a bit, even more than my former Etys.
Does the Hornet improve the highs on the Shures?

Dec 26, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Yeah, it kind of rounds out the highs. I'm not listening to the combo any more but I found the e500s to be very rolled off in the upper registers, and the ipod jack just exarcerbated the whole sit-i-ation. I found the hornet + line out to help correct the roll off.

That said, I still find the e500s rolled off comparatively to other headphones- but I do think age has quite a bit to do with this, it is my experience that older members with high frequency hearing loss tend not to notice the roll off whereas younger members tend to notice.

Dec 27, 2007 at 2:12 PM Post #6 of 9
Hi guys!
Am using SE530 to, is Tomahawck do the job to?

Dec 27, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

well, I listen mostly to Blues/Rock, but I also have Pop, Jazz, Rock, Classical.. pretty much everything.
thing is, the TF10 seem to stick out quite a bit, even more than my former Etys.

No, I cant get detailed highs on my SE530 compared to TF10.

Dec 28, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

hey, that might be a dumb question, but how would they compare to a pair of HD580, especially treble wise.

Compared to the 580s, the e500/se530s are quite rolled off. I wouldn't call the 580s bright or harsh (unless they are poorly amped) but they do reproduce the higher frequences more and better than the e500/se530s do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back