Shure SE530 Sound only coming out of one ear
Apr 16, 2009 at 2:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sotto123

100+ Head-Fier
This is ridiculous I've had these earphones for about a month and a half. They cost over £200 and they've already stopped working. I've had £10 earphones that are still working.
They were working fine last night, this morning I put them in and for some reason there is no sound in the left ear.
I haven't spilt water on them, stepped on them or anything. I have no idea how this happened.
How fast do Shure usually return the earphones when I send them off?

Apr 16, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #2 of 8
First check the nozzle in that earpiece any remove and wax that is there. Wax could be completely blocking the filter canceling out any sound the drivers produce. If you find that there is no wax in the nozzle try using your Shure SE530's with different sources. Also try plugging the Shure SE530's directly into the source without an extension cable to see if the extension cable is at fault. If you are still experiencing problems give Shure a call and I'm sure you should get a brand new free replacement pair. Good luck!

-Daniel

Apr 16, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #3 of 8
That's exactly what happened to my first few pairs of SE530s, although in my case it was due to water (either sweat or rain). Luckily the warranty took care of them...

My guess would be that you damaged the cable in the night - it might have been pulled away from the earphone's chassis if you were in an odd position. Or maybe you drooled on it in your sleep...
tongue_smile.gif
Anyway, Shure turn things around very fast - use Recorded Delivery to send them back and you should get a brand new set within three or four days.

Apr 16, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #4 of 8
Ridiculous how water damage can completely ruin these. Not that they should be waterproof, but anyway.

My Etymotic ER-6i, for all their sins have suffered a substantial amount of use and abuse (a couple of years I reckon) whereas the Shures went belly up in 2 days after a bit of sweat got into my ear and wouldn't work right even after waiting 4 days for them to dry out.

Apr 16, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #6 of 8
I cleaned the nozzle and turned the volume up and I am actually getting some sound out of the left ear but compared to the right ear it is very unbalanced.
Sounds like a driver might have been blown somehow. In any case I'll have to send them back which is frustrating as I really needed them the next few days for long journeys.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back