Shure SE530 Price?
May 3, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #16 of 27
fabianwseko, I e-mailed proaudiostar.com this morning. They told me that they are sold out and won't have any more for 4-6 weeks. Thanks just the same for the recommendation.

Quote:

Here is an e-mail response from a Shure representative: "As long as you have the original purchase receipt there is no problem for receiving the in warranty service"

Hmm... interesting, but I think I'd still prefer to buy from an authorized dealer.

Quote:

MaxMan, please let me know where you ended up buying the SE530s from and for what price.

Will do. In the meantime, I'll tell you the process I went through. First I checked out B&H and clicked on the link that says "Email me a better price". The price they sent me was $299.95 plus $8.90 shipping, for a total of $308.85. I forwarded that e-mail to Earphone Solutions (LowerPrice@earphonesolutions.com) and asked if they could match it. They responded with an offer of $308 including shipping. I then forwarded that e-mail to HeadGear (sales@headphone.com) and asked if they could do even better. They responded with an offer of $306. I then e-mailed Earphone Solutions and told them about that offer, and they lowered their price to $299. I sent another e-mail to HeadGear to see if they could match that price and I'm awaiting a response.

May 3, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #17 of 27
lol, lemme know what price you get. I am in the market for SE530's as well, with maybe custom tips

May 5, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #18 of 27
So, after waiting a few days and receiving no response from HeadGear, I went ahead and accepted Earphone Solutions's $299 offer as they said the offer was only good for 48 hours. To be honest, I have a feeling they probably would have honored that price after the 48 hour period elapsed, but I didn't want to wait any longer anyway. I'll be using these earphones during a plane trip in a few weeks, and this is my first pair of IEMs. Because of that, I figure it's best to get them well before the trip so I can spend some time experimenting with the different sleeve options and learning how to get a good seal. I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 5, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, after waiting a few days and receiving no response from HeadGear, I went ahead and accepted Earphone Solutions's $299 offer as they said the offer was only good for 48 hours. To be honest, I have a feeling they probably would have honored that price after the 48 hour period elapsed, but I didn't want to wait any longer anyway. I'll be using these earphones during a plane trip in a few weeks. Since this is my first pair of IEMs, I figure it's best to get them well before the trip so I can spend some time experimenting with the different sleeve options and learning how to get a good seal. I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival.
smily_headphones1.gif

What a wonderful purchase my friend. When you get your Shure SE530's please visit the tutorial link in my sig. Good Night...

May 5, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

So, after waiting a few days and receiving no response from HeadGear, I went ahead and accepted Earphone Solutions's $299 offer as they said the offer was only good for 48 hours. To be honest, I have a feeling they probably would have honored that price after the 48 hour period elapsed, but I didn't want to wait any longer anyway. I'll be using these earphones during a plane trip in a few weeks, and this is my first pair of IEMs. Because of that, I figure it's best to get them well before the trip so I can spend some time experimenting with the different sleeve options and learning how to get a good seal. I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival.
smily_headphones1.gif

Max, may I compliment you on your poise? Earphones aside, it's rare and refreshing to see a member of any forum with a humble and respectful attitude. Welcome to Head-Fi
smile_phones.gif

May 5, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by younglee200 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't the "tutorial" just cutting the tri-flange in the front and back? I tried it months ago for SCL4 and it still didn't do much. Custom tips FTW.

Not necessarily. I can hear a significant increase in treble presence. This simple mod basically made me not want even buy custom earphones anymore since my Shure SE530's sound basically PERFECT.The bass extends very low, hits hard and is very controlled and detailed. The midrange is getting annoying since the voices makes me tingle in certain areas since they sound so real. I may need to get lower end earphones with less realistic midrange. I have this one song that has a certain high pitch noise every 5 seconds and every tip I choose is far duller in volume than my mod at the same volume on my Zune. Now every other song sounds clearer and crisp. My mod is very helpful.
biggrin.gif

May 5, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nar1117 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Max, may I compliment you on your poise? Earphones aside, it's rare and refreshing to see a member of any forum with a humble and respectful attitude. Welcome to Head-Fi
smile_phones.gif

Thanks for the kind words and the warm welcome! I'm finding it quite easy to maintain a respectful attitude here, as everyone has been so patient and helpful in answering the plethora of questions I've thrown at them. Most of this stuff is totally new to me but I've already received quite an education.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by homers54321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Max, congrats on the purchase. $299 is a great price from an authorized dealer. Let us know when you receive them and what you think of them

Thanks! I'll definitely post some thoughts after I spend some time getting acquainted with them.

May 9, 2009 at 6:03 AM Post #26 of 27
So, they arrived today and I think I've learned the meaning of the word "eargasm"! The old "Is it live, or is it Memorex?" slogan comes to mind. It really sounds and feels like the musicians are right here in the room with me, and I'm hearing details in the music that I've never noticed before. Simply put, these things are awesome!

Speaking of details, it is evident that Shure put their best efforts into every aspect of this product. Even the packaging appears to be very well thought out, and the aluminum box is a nice unique touch. The carrying case is also of surprisingly good quality. The people at Shure seem to take great care and pride in their products, and it shows.

I know that some people have made some minor modifications to their SE530s to tweak the sound, but as yet I'm not finding it necessary to do that. Everything I've listened to so far sounds exceptionally well balanced.

I did have some trouble removing the pre-installed medium foam sleeves. That came as no surprise, as I've read many posts here regarding that problem. As per a suggestion I read on this forum, I put the earphones in the freezer for about 30 minutes. After that, I was easily able to twist the sleeves off.

After trying several of the sleeve options, I've settled on the small foamies. They seem to offer the best sound quality and comfort.

Thanks once again to everyone who shared your expertise and offered advice. It is very much appreciated!

I must also put in a plug for Earphone Solutions. Their responses to my e-mails were consistently prompt and courteous, and they processed my order almost immediately.

Happy listening to all, and to all a good night!

May 9, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

So, they arrived today and I think I've learned the meaning of the word "eargasm"! The old "Is it live, or is it Memorex?" slogan comes to mind. It really sounds and feels like the musicians are right here in the room with me, and I'm hearing details in the music that I've never noticed before. Simply put, these things are awesome!

Speaking of details, it is evident that Shure put their best efforts into every aspect of this product. Even the packaging appears to be very well thought out, and the aluminum box is a nice unique touch. The carrying case is also of surprisingly good quality. The people at Shure seem to take great care and pride in their products, and it shows.

I know that some people have made some minor modifications to their SE530s to tweak the sound, but as yet I'm not finding it necessary to do that. Everything I've listened to so far sounds exceptionally well balanced.

I did have some trouble removing the pre-installed medium foam sleeves. That came as no surprise, as I've read many posts here regarding that problem. As per a suggestion I read on this forum, I put the earphones in the freezer for about 30 minutes. After that, I was easily able to twist the sleeves off.

After trying several of the sleeve options, I've settled on the small foamies. They seem to offer the best sound quality and comfort.

Thanks once again to everyone who shared your expertise and offered advice. It is very much appreciated!

I must also put in a plug for Earphone Solutions. Their responses to my e-mails were consistently prompt and courteous, and they processed my order almost immediately.

Happy listening to all, and to all a good night!

You should try my mod dude. The sound is soooo much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back