Shure SE530 or the Bose In Ear? AM I CRAZY? But pls read first :)
Aug 21, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterControversy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want comfortable IEMS, try the ones by Klipsch. I've heard great things about their gel tips.

Maybe if you have deep ear canals. My Klipsch Custom 3 are very uncomfortable with the included gel tips. I get better results with the Shure olives.

Aug 21, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if you're amping them or not, but I've always felt they needed an amp to sound their best.

Enjoy.

what characteristics do the amp bring about from the bose IE?

what amp have you used with them or referring to?

Aug 23, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #19 of 21
Thanks for all the reply, I'm happy that many user agreed with my opinion..

BUT, to make sure with what I am going to buy - I borrowed my friend's Bose IE,
taking time compare it with my Shure E2C - the Bose is a lot more comfortable
but I just can't sacrifice what I loss in the details,
Some instrument just "gone" it just went missing, something you couldn't tell from 10 minutes audition.

The vocal, which is one my favorite part of music - the emotion in the voice is just gone, the whisper, the falsetto, the high notes all sounded warm and muddy.

The Bass quantity is really good, the detail is just very good, if I compare it to the Bookshelf speaker.

The high is unreliable, the high are there if it's a quiet jazz track, although still muddy, But if it's a loud rock track - the high is barely there..

To sum up, I just can't sacrifice all the details for comfort.

But I might end up get two phones, Bose IE and Shure SE530 - for different listening situation, as stated earlier, The Bose is for relaxation and comfort / The Shure, on the other hand, is for isolation and serious listening sessions.

Sep 9, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by puhn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've just found the IEM of my life (at the moment)!

it's the Sennheiser IE8

the sound signature just suits me, the warmth, soft high, nice bass.

How and where did you find it?
The sound is supposed to change after hundreds of hours. Do you think you will like it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back