Shure SE530 for $150 - Need Advice
Sep 12, 2007 at 11:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

NeObliviscaris

Niiice!
Previously known as FeedMeTrance
Hi Guys,

I got this email today:

---
Subj: Offer for eBay Item (320156829385) SHURE SE530PTH NOISE/SOUND ISOLATING EARPHONES E500 PTH

Hi,
I have available 2 x SHURE SE530PTH NOISE/SOUND ISOLATING EARPHONES E500 PTH . I can offer you one item for $150 or 2 items for $250. If you are ready for this purchase, please email me your full name and shipping address to start the official ebay procedure. As soon as the transaction is approved, you will receive an invoice from eBay, with instructions how you will have to complete this transaction. I will also include a full refund policy. I want a safe deal through ebay
Thank you

---

What are your thoughts?

Sep 12, 2007 at 11:44 AM Post #2 of 16
Sounds like a scam. If he really wanted a "safe deal through eBay" then why didn't he just make a listing in the first place? I can't imagine someone who wants a "safe deal" would skimp on a few dollars of listing fees.

Sep 12, 2007 at 11:48 AM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by mister__big /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like a scam. If he really wanted a "safe deal through eBay" then why didn't he just make a listing in the first place? I can't imagine someone who wants a "safe deal" would skimp on a few dollars of listing fees.

Yeah, lucky I am not a n00b, but I am gonna talk to this guy more see what he is up to lol.

I also emailed the original lister of the item and let them know some guy is being dodge!

Sep 18, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #6 of 16
Sorry for being stupid
redface.gif
but if it's a scam, what does the seller achieve if he's going to put it through as an eBay transaction anyway? I can see if would be suspicious if he wanted to conduct the sale outside of eBay, but he isn't. Someone explain please, incase I get also offered something that's too good to be true!

Sep 18, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #7 of 16
My guess is... you go through a song and dance, send your money and then wait for a package that never comes. Or else get another plea "Oh, I need just a little more money to cover the shipping."

If it's a legitimate offer, he'll answer legitimate questions. If he evades questions, or strings you along, it's fake.

Sep 18, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #8 of 16
The ebay thing is just a front to give the scam more legitimacy. If some guy sends you an e-mail saying he'll sell you his E530 for $150 you'd delete it right away, but if some guy sends you an e-mail saying he'll sell you his E530 for $150 'on ebay' then you go post a thread on head-fi about it.

Sep 18, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #9 of 16
Did you bid on a pair through ebay and lost the auction? I know a lot of scams that people are doing saying they have an extra one after the auction ended from a different seller.

I would watch out, I personally would say it is a scam or you are getting a pair of stolen headphones.

Sep 19, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #14 of 16
my thoughts are...who is the seller? lol bought some "se310s" on ebay for $90...yeah, right. Got 'em, both sides read "R" for "right" and sounded like crap. Seller was only too happy to issue me a refund once I'd threatened to contact every internet fraud agency in the book. lol Moral of the story: be careful!

Sep 19, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #15 of 16
You'll know it's fake the minute they ask you to send a Western Union money transfer to an 'eBay representative' somewhere... Insist on Paypal and watch them squirm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back