Shure SE530 - Everything I need to Know
Nov 13, 2008 at 8:00 AM Post #31 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eternalmetal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the triple flanges hooked up, and I think they sound better. But unfortunately they arent as comfortable.

Does the general consensus agree that the triple flanges sound better? Im just curious what other people tend to find sounds better

what sounds best to you dude??? after all you have both there. Thats all that matters dont ask me what sounds best to you.
confused_face(1).gif

Nov 13, 2008 at 10:48 AM Post #32 of 53
i dont think the triple flanges are manageable, i chopped the top flange off them and they fit a bit better but i cant stand the pain they cause my ear canals, the foam spoils you for sure.

the silicone grey tips also i love but just cant use them because moving and listening to music with more volume tickles my ears and i have to pull em out and dig my ears out with my little finger, not pleasant...come back foamies!

Nov 13, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #33 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what sounds best to you dude??? after all you have both there. Thats all that matters dont ask me what sounds best to you.
confused_face(1).gif

Sorry I asked.

Its just that here is my take on it. The triple flanges sounded "fresher" and a little bit more high oriented, whereas the foam ones sound a *tiny* bit muddied, but have a more soothing sound. Also the foam tips are 1000 times more comfortable. Being a tossup, I wanted to see what other people generally think. I think ill stick with the warm sound and comfort of the foam tips.

Nov 13, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #34 of 53
I really do like the tri-flange just because of the ease of insert. The foams are nice and all, but it is such a pain putting them in sometimes. I do get a much nicer sound with the tri-flange, but they are significantly more uncomfortable...

Nov 13, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #35 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For tips I am using the Shure olives which offer the best isolation to me but are not as comfortable as the Comply tips I also use. If I am going out then the Shure olives get the nod.

I've been using the olives and was about to order some Comply tips, please explain your comment above. Are you saying the Comply tips are more comfortable BUT sound worse than the olives? Thanks.

Nov 13, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #36 of 53
I believe the post said it sounds better and is more comfortable as well, just doesn't block out sound as well as the black foams (by just a small margin).

Nov 14, 2008 at 5:33 AM Post #38 of 53
Comply foams are of the heat activated type, where the heat from your skin softens the foam thus allowing a better fit against the inner wall of your ear and providing better comfort and SQ imo. However, the material is also leaky acoustically, so the noise isolation is not as good as some of the other tips. They are not too expensive either: $15 for 3 pairs, and I think is worth the effort to give them a try and decide for yourself.

Nov 14, 2008 at 7:18 AM Post #39 of 53
unamped i agree the foams sound a bit weak on the his but amped i love the sound using the shure foams

Nov 14, 2008 at 12:08 PM Post #40 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by radlux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
unamped i agree the foams sound a bit weak on the his but amped i love the sound using the shure foams

that is one of the strangest statements I think i've seen on here. foams do not respond to amping; unless you are saying that you find the shures too soft at full volume with the foams on, but they sound better when you can CRANK it with an amp
eek.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eternalmetal
Sorry I asked.

Its just that here is my take on it. The triple flanges sounded "fresher" and a little bit more high oriented, whereas the foam ones sound a *tiny* bit muddied, but have a more soothing sound. Also the foam tips are 1000 times more comfortable. Being a tossup, I wanted to see what other people generally think. I think ill stick with the warm sound and comfort of the foam tips.

hey man I didn't mean that to sound as bad as it did. just saying to use you ears; they're the best tool you've got to finding happiness from this stuff. none of us can tell you what you will like. its so subjective. its different if you need an opinion on something that someone else has, but I just found it strange you asking us about something you had in your possession. dont use something because others say it sounds good; use something because it sounds good to you. it doesn't matter what the FOM is forget about that ****. just get your tunes on and get your groove on
beyersmile.png

Apr 15, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #42 of 53
Forget the complys. They do offer unparalled isolation and better sound quality, but they are somewhat fragile and they get really filthy, not neccesarily from your ears but from your fingers as well, and unlike the black shure foams they are not really washable. Try the triple flanges with the mod (cut off the smallest tip and level the stem with the bottom flange) and you will get sound almost equal to the complys (they do isolate but not as well). If you clean your ears daily and carry hand sanitizer with you, go for the complys.

Jul 21, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #44 of 53
I was browsing around head-fi for a while and decided to buy myself a pair of SE530s. They arrived today finally, actually funny thing happened: I was coming to the apartment door and saw a UPS truck around 100 meters away near another apartment complex standing there, then I saw a "did-not-deliver-cause-you-were-not-home" note on my door. So I grabbed the note from my door and run quickly to catch the guy before he left with the truck. I was fast and in a matter of minutes I had an Amazon box in my hand with SE530s inside. I was quite happy!
smily_headphones1.gif
Got home, took me a while to take the standard foams off, and after I did that I've put in the white triplets, put 530s inside my ears, started Street Spirit (Fade Out) and got ready to be blown away by the sound. Nope, at first second I thought they sounded worse than my E2Cs, so I decided to try out other tips. With E2Cs, large silicone tips worked the best for me, so I've put them in right after and that did the trick. With Street Spirit I did not really get a sense of how these things handle bass, so I've played Packt Like Sardines in Crush Tin Box next and I really liked the bass of these phones. I've decided to experiment with the large foams as most of the people on here seemed to love them, but they sounded less "accurate" than the silicone tips. Weird, looks like I'm in the minority here but I guess I'll be sticking with my silicone tips cause they really did the trick and made me not regret my purchase.

Now, I have one questions about these. The manufacturing date on the cord says (105th day of 2009, which is April 15th) but the cord still looks a bit flimsy to me, compared to E2Cs. Is there any visible difference between the "old" cords and the "new" ones? Or is it just the material that it's made out of that makes all the difference? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back