shure se530 earphone cable repair
Nov 1, 2010 at 10:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

The cables on my Shure SE530 have split where they enter the ear buds. I understand this was a common problem for these earphones and shure later changed the cable formulation. The latest units have detachable cables. My units are out of warranty and shure have offered me the 535 at a 35% discount but this is still over £300. They aren't willing to replace the cables. Does anyone know if any third party offers a repair service for items like these?

Regards,

Nick.

Nov 1, 2010 at 10:52 AM Post #2 of 4
Hello,

here are different threads how to repair a broken shure cable but if you can´t repair that, then you can reshelling your shure into a fullcustom. (null-audio.com) This costs 125 ( + cost for ear impressions)

Son Goten

Nov 1, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks.

I should add this is the second pair for me that this has happened to. The first time it occurred under the original warranty period and shure replaced it. Unfortunately they did not restart the warranty period as is usual in the industry and now are only offering me a small discount on a much more expensive newer model... they tried to deny there was an issue when I emailed them and that faults of this type on that model rarely occur but  when I pointed out the design flaw has been acknowledged by shure on this forum, rectified and that it was widespread given the dozens of postings by buyers here then they didn't really make a satisfactory answer other than reiterating my only option was to buy the new model. It seems to me they are faced with a large number of returns and just try to deny it to individuals by hiding behind the warranty issue while making a show of answering the issue in public forum. Its a pretty poor display I think. If an item is flawed by design in this way then the items should be repaired or replaced at such time as the fault occurs, if not recalled before. I shan't be buying their products again given the problems I have had.

Nov 1, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #4 of 4
yes, I had a problem not with shure but with fischer audio (german distributor) from UE, they don´t refit my otoplastics. The only thing that they´ve done was to steal my box and the filter! (and the costs for shipping to them!) They lost a customer... 
(the otoplastics was new!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back