Shure SE530 died after ~10 years. What to get now?
Sep 29, 2017 at 5:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

The_X

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey folks! I've been out of the headphone game for many, many years. I bought Shure E500s (later replaced by Shure to SE530 after cable died) waaaaay back in 2007. They were so good that I basically stopped looking for IEMs after that.

Tragically, the right cable on my SE530 has now died after being replaced out of warranty about 7 years ago. I emailed Shure and they no longer offer repair or support on this model, so I'm basically out of luck.

Over the years I've been vaguely aware of the explosion in new IEM companies but haven't paid close attention since I was fully satisfied by my Shures. However, now I need to get back up to speed and choose a new IEM.

New pair of SE535's are $450-500. Etymotic ER-4's are $299 - I once owned a pair of these and loved the high end, but found the low end lacking, and thought they felt a bit cheap. There seems to be a huge variety of newer companies that I'm completely unknowledgeable about.

Can you guys suggest some replacements for an old-timer? My budget is $500. Thanks!

Sep 30, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #5 of 5
You can look at second market as well you might find good deals for totl iems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back