Shure SE530 custom and/or recabled with removable cable?
Oct 26, 2008 at 11:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

archigius

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, i'm a Shure SE530 owner.
I'm very pleased with the sound, but i'm very worried about the news i read about cables. I've read a lot of threads explaining this issue.
My earphones are about 5 months old, i regularly rub them with a damp cloth, i use a lot of care with them, but they're equally becoming stiffer...and i think that will not pass much time until they crack...
frown.gif

Now, i know Shure has grat costumer service and i know the new cables formulation (it seems used in Shure IEMs from the secon half of 2007 and mine are dated january 2007
frown.gif
), seems to have solved the problem.

I've two questions:

1 - if i send my IEM to Shure for warranty if cable splits, will they automatically be sostituited with those who have the new cables (i live in Italy)? Or i have to explicitly ask this?

2 - is there any way to completely recable them with removable cables (like UE)? Is there some company that transforms them, maybe as customs or other kind of stuff who has removable cable?

The problem for me is that SE530 costs so much, a really big investment for my finances, so i espect the last for years, and like the Shure sound signature, so i don't want to move to Ultimate Ears or Westone ot others.

Any suggestions?

Oct 27, 2008 at 10:21 AM Post #3 of 3
if you send them in, they will replace it with a new se530, they usually just replace them with whatever they have in their factory, so could be any. But seeing its october... they should have phones made in 2008
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back