Shure se530 cable broken. Repair advice needed for warranty.
Apr 27, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #16 of 18
My se530 started to short out and I've always been cafeful when I removed them so I called shure and they told me it would be $240 and they would replace them with the se535, that's still more than I'd like to pay so I decided to recable them my self. I took a knife and cracked the shell open (took me awhile) I started looking inside and saw the ground wire was frayed and touching the other solder joint, I separated the wires threw it back together works perfect now :D just need to epoxy the shell together. I hope shorting it out didn't damage my iPhone too much haven't noticed any problems :xf_eek:

Oct 14, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #18 of 18

Mosh_2k7,

I've had an identical experience! SHURE were about as much help as an ejector seat in a helicopter. SHURE 'Customer service manager' (yeah, right) Sarah Peters was more than happy to quote the company line, without offering any practical solutions to my problem. Their idea of a 'service exchange' really is lamentable, as they are charging prices far in excess of whats on offer on eBay for the identical product. I sent her a couple of clear and concise emails attesting to this, her replies being exceedingly weak and ill-considered. In summary, SHURE's so-called customer service leaves a heck of a lot to be desired, especially considering that we are talking about what was then the range topping model, for which I paid in excess of £500. Having given the company ample opportunity to step up to the plate, I feel terribly let down, as I'm sure you do too, by there obvious use of inferior components (which of course they deny....how can you, faced with such overwhelming evidence?!). I fully understand your predicament and sincerely hope that someone further up the food chain in SHURE realises the fine line they are treading and does something to address this. After all, what would it really cost them to appease a couple of high end customers, given the obvious long-term benefits the company? they are clearly clueless about marketing and it's critical importance especially at the highest IEM price point! I for one have purchased my last pair of SHURE 'High end' IEMs. Good luck dude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back