Shure SE530 Australian buyer?
Sep 25, 2008 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

P0iNT

Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I've been doing research for the last week now and have been trying to decide between the Triple.fi's and the Se530's. Coming from the E4's I have decided that I should follow suit and upgrade to the SE530's.

But this is where the problem comes in. The cheapest I have found these in Australia are $549 AUD which is crazily overprice compared to the US. Does anyone know if earphonesolutions, soundearphones, streamline audio ship Shure products to Australia. I have emailed the companies and have got mixed messages. Soundearphones say's it's against their policy. Earphonesolutions have said yes but then on the site there was an ad saying they don't. Streamline Audio have said yes but are a bit more expensive however if they are the only option I will go with them.

The reason I have listed these companies are because they state they are authorized Shure dealers and therefore I should receive warranty. However would this be voided since I am in Australia?? In the end I think it might be safer just spending the extra dollars and getting them here, but I just feel the AUD price is highly inflated and just a rip off.
confused.gif

Sep 25, 2008 at 11:37 AM Post #2 of 10
When I bought my SE530 I said sod the authorised dealer business & bought them from eBay.

The cable on them eventually cracked & they had to be replaced which Shure did no questions asked. They just take the date stamp from the cord as start date of the (2 year) warranty. Shure are very good to deal with & I wouldn't of thought there would be a problem with not going through an authorised dealer..

Sep 25, 2008 at 12:07 PM Post #3 of 10
I recently tried this with my E4's however they ask for proof of purchase which I did not have since I got them off ebay. Might be different in each geographic area Shure services. However for a $400+ earphone I don't want to risk it this time.

Sep 25, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #4 of 10
I dont know about the new Shure SE530s (supposely fixed the problem), but they seem to crack fast the old one... my E2c and replacement both cracked.....
maybe its the way i wear it? over ear, and hang the cord out the front.

Sep 26, 2008 at 10:14 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by P0iNT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys,

I've been doing research for the last week now and have been trying to decide between the Triple.fi's and the Se530's. Coming from the E4's I have decided that I should follow suit and upgrade to the SE530's.

But this is where the problem comes in. The cheapest I have found these in Australia are $549 AUD which is crazily overprice compared to the US. Does anyone know if earphonesolutions, soundearphones, streamline audio ship Shure products to Australia. I have emailed the companies and have got mixed messages. Soundearphones say's it's against their policy. Earphonesolutions have said yes but then on the site there was an ad saying they don't. Streamline Audio have said yes but are a bit more expensive however if they are the only option I will go with them.

The reason I have listed these companies are because they state they are authorized Shure dealers and therefore I should receive warranty. However would this be voided since I am in Australia?? In the end I think it might be safer just spending the extra dollars and getting them here, but I just feel the AUD price is highly inflated and just a rip off.
confused.gif

I have a set of SE530s that I'll sell you. I was going to put them on eBay as my wife reckons I'm the Imelda Morcos of earphones. I bought a set of SE420s and I like them better. Make me a bid. I live on the Northern Beaches.

Sep 26, 2008 at 10:33 AM Post #6 of 10
Sorry to threadjack here folks, but are the Shure SE530's an upgrade from the Ety ER-4's?

The only "hi-end" iems i have listened to are the ER_4P's, which i love for the SQ and the build quality and ruggedness.

Sep 26, 2008 at 10:38 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by hatbush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a set of SE530s that I'll sell you. I was going to put them on eBay as my wife reckons I'm the Imelda Morcos of earphones. I bought a set of SE420s and I like them better. Make me a bid. I live on the Northern Beaches.

Hey thanks for the offer, however I sorted it out with Earphone Solutions. They said they will ship the SE530 to Australia for me with free shipping
icon10.gif
I just made my purchase using a 20% discount code, so $359.99 US all up. Not the best price however pretty good from a authorized dealer and heaps better than the AU price. Can't wait to get them
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 27, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #8 of 10
haha thats nice. great deal for australians. :p when the cheapest that i saw was like $550 AUD in australia non PTH version.

Sep 28, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #10 of 10
i think you'll definately need the warranty, and because the cables can crack but not sure about the problem been fixed recently. (I cleaned by E2c after every 1-2 hour at a time use as per my dealer's advice, but still they cracked!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back