Shure SE420 vs. Sennheiser IE8
Sep 7, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #16 of 22
not that ive heard the ie8. i dont want to pretend that i have. but between the 2 items you narrowed down (much like my friend deciding between a wrx and a zr2 blazer). i felt that i knew enough to recommend.

Sep 7, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #18 of 22
I don't think you have to buy a portable amp. It's not very practical and the Sony and IE8 already match very well. The Sony has no digital output so you can't bypass the DAC for improved SQ.

Sep 7, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #19 of 22
I think Zune HD willbe better choice for highquality listening experience while on the go or Sony X1000 series walkmen are wellknown for there great soundquality and large soundstage. Also AMP3 has great soundquality and built in class A AMPs which can be use with other DAPs separately as AMPs. BTW ipod nano, iriver clix 2 and Cowon D2+ can be use with small AMPs like Mustang, iBasso T4, Nuforce icon mobile, AMP3(can be use as DAP and AMP) and Pico slim.

Sep 7, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #20 of 22
this may sound weird to some of you but yes i find the cheap fiio E5 amp to improve the soundstage and tighten the bass a bit on the IE8. to me the IE8 sounds even more immerssive with the fiio in the chain from the sansa clip (it supports flac
wink.gif
). i haven't tried any other expensive amp. so obviously i don't know how much of an improvement can they bring to the IE8.

Sep 7, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by R3SET /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think you have to buy a portable amp. It's not very practical and the Sony and IE8 already match very well. The Sony has no digital output so you can't bypass the DAC for improved SQ.

In what way do the Sony and the IE8 match very well? Obviously I am happy to hear this! From what O have read the NWZ-81x series already has very good SQ. Presumerably an amp would just make it louder?

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:03 PM Post #22 of 22
I use the IE8's unamped directly out of my 2nd Gen. ipod touch. I don't feel any need to amp them. I really enjoy these phones. I find them thoroughly involving and they have plenty of detail but be warned that noise attenuation is not their strong suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back