Shure SE315 (Opinion Thread)

For a budget IEM in the SE line, out of the 315, & 215, what is your preferred?

• SE215

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • SE315

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
Sep 14, 2017 at 6:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

whitemass

Previously known as ahnvx
How's it going guys.
I wanna ask any long time owners, daily driver users, & people who've had long term experience about the SE315.
I personally didn't find the reviews section of the SE315s page too useful.
If anyone here owns them, could some of you write out an 'In-depth' review for me so I can better fully understand more about them and your opinions.

However, I'm a main user of IEMs, nothing more.
I've had experience, & own the
AudioTechnica ATH-IM50
KZ ZST
KZ ZS3

I'm slowly working on adding other IEMs as I have certain sound signatures I like for certain things I do in life.
SE315 is something I've wanted to add to my armory of IEMs.
The Shure SE315 has been an IEM I've looked at for a while and didn't see a whole world of reviews on, mainly due to the criticism people gave it.
I was shocked to see the opinions preferring the SE215 if you were on a budget.

Maybe I've stood strong or I'm just blind, but this hasn't shaken my opinion of the SE315.

As said above, if anyone has a long term experience or uses them as a daily driver, could you please post a slight review?

Sep 14, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #2 of 4
SE 315 is more like a collector's item rather than being used as your daily IEM as it truly needs a more defined bass, better treble. The SE215 has better bass definition than 315 and less analytical mids too. Also, the jump from 315 to 425 themselves are a much higher jump in SQ than the jump from 215 to 315. Finally, there's the Etymotic ER4 that clearly outperforms it and puts the 315 at a poor value.

Sep 15, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #3 of 4
Huh.
I don't really collect, I see collecting IEMs as useless if you're going to add to it and never use them.
Also, thanks for the rec. I've come to prefer over the ear detachable IEMs more though.

The whole plan all together was the grab the SE215 eventually moving onto the SE315.
I appreciate the feedback, as far as bass, I don't care for bass at all really. I've come to not care for any bit of a bass sound profile. After reading more on the SE315 that's sorta what pushed me to wanting to get it,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back