Shure SE310 - Cant find the correct fitting earbuds.
Jan 16, 2009 at 9:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ickle97116084

New Head-Fier
I recently purchased a pair of SE310s and initialy was disapointed with the lack of oomph! After reading up I realise its the poor seal however I am finding the supplied earbuds are not providing a perfect seal. I would suspect the middle range should give me the best fit however sound is leaking in. Trying the largest foammies does provide a better seal but once the foamies expand they hurt as they are too big. SO it seems somewhere inbetween would suit me better. Where can I source new earbud inserts even custom fitting types? I typicaly feel there is bass but it is underwhelming and its presence is not really felt. With a tuned bassport I would have thought bass would be more prevalent.

I live in the UK so a UK source would be best.

Thanks,

Ickle.

Jan 16, 2009 at 1:17 PM Post #4 of 6
After trying all the tips from small to large I had initally settled on the medium and just putting the lack of bass down to the type of IEM. I tried the large and found bass to be much better as well as a fuller richer sound but it hurt. I finaly tried the smallest tips but shoved them right in whilst wetting the tips and this proves to be the best sound overall.

Well done to Shure for supplying so many earplugs.

Will give a full verdict once testing complete.

Ickle.

Jan 16, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #6 of 6
I have a similar issue, where the best seals without pain are the small ones.
The problem is that I end up pushing them way to far in the ear canal. I developed an infection recently - but can't for sure say this is he cause. The doctor is quite positive that pushing dead cells or whatever dust/germs down the canal can't be good.

Has anyone found a good seal without pushing the plugs too far ?

I'm considering getting my Shure a custom fit upgrade, or simply drop them unless I find the right plug. And the DIY of the link above may be the right thing. I'll try when I get better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back