Shure SE215 vs RHA MA750 for gym/running use
Dec 8, 2014 at 3:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Shox

New Head-Fier
Hi

I'm in need of a new pair of IEM to mainly use at the gym and have pretty much decided on one of these two. I've never tried the over the ear design before but it seems like it would be perfect for more active use like working out. I already have Sony MH1 and I don't like the J cord at all and none of the tips seems to fit for me so they're kinda useless for this use.

Shure SE215 seem to be a classic in this price range and gets a lot of praise for the isolation which is important. The RHA MA750 is about $14 more expensive but sound quality probably a little bit better? So considering durability, comfort, isolation and sound quality, which would you recommend for this use?

Dec 17, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #2 of 2
I own the SE215, but have never heard the RHA. I like the SE215 - it's a fun sounding IEM and a good deal for $99. The cable, I don't like so much. I like (actually prefer) over-ear IEMs, but I don't like the memory wire of the SE215 that loops over the ear - it tends to interfere with my glasses and doesn't let the IEMs sit as nicely in my ears as my old Westones did. The wire issue is a personal thing - lots of people have no issue with memory wire. The SE215 also have a reputation of sometimes having dropout issues with the removable cables. I never had that problem until I switched to an aftermarket cable. The original cable never had a dropout for me.

If you want to experiment with a wrap-around-the-ear IEM that is very cheap, has good isolation and doesn't sound too bad, you can try the MEElectronics M6P for $20. The SE215 does sound much better.
http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-Sport-Fi-Headphones-Microphone-Universal/dp/B00DDPZ4FA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back