Shure SE215, RHA MA750
Nov 12, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #16 of 21
  Im also looking for the Shure se215 or the ma750, just like the op. I was wondering how the cable quailty is of the ma750? since my last 2 in ear headphones (Sennheiser CX.500) stopped working after 1 year because the cable broke, im searching for something that can survive a bit longer :). Since the cable isn't replacable, is it strong enough to survive active use?

Please just go for the ma750, you'll thank me later. Also, don't be disappointed when you put them in your ears fresh out of the box, because they will sound bad for sure. They need a serious burn-in period of at least 80-100 hours to get them to sound good and once you have, you don't want to stop listening to them! My recommendation would be to use the Comply tips for the best sound.

Like Kammex said, when it comes to the cable, I'm quite sure it'll last as it's thick and has a strain relief spring around the 3.5mm jack. But remember, you will get 3 years of warranty and their customer service is top-notch and hassle-free, as you will frequently read about here on Head-Fi. So even if something breaks within those 3 years, you can rest assured that you'll get a brand new pair.

But seriously, just go for for the ma750, it has so much more to offer compared to the se215.... You won't be disappointed.

Nov 12, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #17 of 21
Im also looking for the Shure se215 or the ma750, just like the op. I was wondering how the cable quailty is of the ma750? since my last 2 in ear headphones (Sennheiser CX.500) stopped working after 1 year because the cable broke, im searching for something that can survive a bit longer :). Since the cable isn't replacable, is it strong enough to survive active use?

Like the two previous posts, (and all of my own on this thread) I recommend the ma750. The cables are thick and rubbery, like beats cables (one of the things I think beats does right) and they need burn in but after, they really really impress. I let a friend of mine (whose daily drivers are sennheiser ie80s) try them and his only words were "damn that's good".

Nov 13, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #18 of 21

Please just go for the ma750, you'll thank me later. Also, don't be disappointed when you put them in your ears fresh out of the box, because they will sound bad for sure. They need a serious burn-in period of at least 80-100 hours to get them to sound good and once you have, you don't want to stop listening to them! My recommendation would be to use the Comply tips for the best sound.

Like Kammex said, when it comes to the cable, I'm quite sure it'll last as it's thick and has a strain relief spring around the 3.5mm jack. But remember, you will get 3 years of warranty and their customer service is top-notch and hassle-free, as you will frequently read about here on Head-Fi. So even if something breaks within those 3 years, you can rest assured that you'll get a brand new pair.

But seriously, just go for for the ma750, it has so much more to offer compared to the se215.... You won't be disappointed.

Okay thx! Will probebly go for the ma750 then, is there any chance you know how rha handles the warrenty of the cables? Because i came across companies who give warrenty, but only for the earbuds themself and not the cable.

Nov 13, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #19 of 21
  Okay thx! Will probebly go for the ma750 then, is there any chance you know how rha handles the warrenty of the cables? Because i came across companies who give warrenty, but only for the earbuds themself and not the cable.

Hi, just to chime in here.... RHA will full fill the warranty if anything happens to the cable regarding a fault. Had my 750's replaced due to the spring relieve coming away from the jack. No questions asked. They are a fantastic company to deal with re customer care.

Nov 13, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #20 of 21
Hi, just to chime in here.... RHA will full fill the warranty if anything happens to the cable regarding a fault. Had my 750's replaced due to the spring relieve coming away from the jack. No questions asked. They are a fantastic company to deal with re customer care.

Okay, great to hear! Thx for the info, guess im going for this pair of headphones then :)

Nov 13, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #21 of 21
Okay, great to hear! Thx for the info, guess im going for this pair of headphones then
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey, no probs, more than welcome. its only when you have them in your hand one can appreciate the attention to detail that RHA applied to them. Some would say over engineered but thats a good thing imo! Let them burn in and make sure to get a good seal. I use the double flange tips but that suits me. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back