Shure SE215. Pain.
Jul 21, 2015 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Gensou

100+ Head-Fier
Bought these as my first IEMs. Read raves online on how comfortable they are only to find out that these are nothing but pain.
I tried all the included foam tips as well as the rubber ones that come with the earphones. The rubber ones are more comfortable but the loss in sound quality is too much.
I might have some very small ear canals. Ears get sore very quickly and it's just that uncomfortable feeling when you're increasing in altitude and your ears need to be popped.
The cable is pretty heavy duty, which is a good thing in every other case, but the added weight hanging from the ears does not add to comfort.

What can I do?
Can anybody recommend some comfortable, small, foam tips?

Jul 21, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #2 of 3
I'm wearing them right now and have been  for most of this day and they are comfortable as hell. Not too sure about tips but the Comply tips work for me. One question though. How are you inserting them into your ears.

For me you have to get the insertion angle right for the best fit. Best way to check the curve of your canal at least IMHO is to insert your small finger into the ear, pull the pinna up and out and as the external canal moves the angle should change. Once you know the angle aim the nozzle at the same angle when inserting the IEMS.

Jul 21, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #3 of 3
  I'm wearing them right now and have been  for most of this day and they are comfortable as hell. Not too sure about tips but the Comply tips work for me. One question though. How are you inserting them into your ears.

For me you have to get the insertion angle right for the best fit. Best way to check the curve of your canal at least IMHO is to insert your small finger into the ear, pull the pinna up and out and as the external canal moves the angle should change. Once you know the angle aim the nozzle at the same angle when inserting the IEMS.

I bought 2 pairs at once to test out. Shure se215 and yamaha eph-100. The eph100 just arrived today and after trying them out for 10 minutes I started packing the shures to send back. 
They are lighter, comfier, easier and quicker to put on, cheaper, and sound better (less muddy, punchier bass and clearer highs). 

And yeah, I've tried all sorts of angles, tried every single tip that came packaged with it, and tried having the cord hang down instead of over the ear. It was just too bulky and uncomfortable, and I'm surprised how muffled they really sound compared to yamahas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back