Shure SE215 losing seal on stage
Apr 15, 2016 at 11:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Dolphran

New Head-Fier
I use SE215 (blue LTDs) for monitoring on stage. I'm a singer, and sometimes my jaw movements cause the seal to break (especially in my left ear for some reason). I'm using the large olives. Can someone tell me if the comply TX-100s are likely to provide a better seal in this situation?
Thanks!

Apr 16, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #2 of 6
Surprisingly, SE215 (and all Shure shells the same) give me fit problems on the left ear also.

Maybe I was born to be a singer, there's a thought.

Shure nozzles are much smaller than standard IEM size nozzles, searching for alternatives will be scarce. Another option you may want to try are triple flange tips. These insert much deeper than regular tips and should stay in well. I cannot say how they'll affect the sound though.

Here's an example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Grey-Triple-Flange-Ear-tips-Sleeves-SHURE-Etymotic-Research-Westone-Earphones-/191575856629?hash=item2c9acf95f5:g:WasAAOSweW5VTO2I 

Apr 17, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #4 of 6
Triple flanges don't work so well for me. My question specifically was whether Comply (TX100) will hold a seal with jaw movement better than the Shure Olives?

Your question cannot be answered because we don't have your ears. It's like saying: 'will this shoe give me more toe room, I'm a size 11'

You need to go ahead and purchase a set to find out.

Apr 18, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #5 of 6
Thank you for your insightful analogy. However, I will continue to pursue the experiences of others in order to help me gauge the likelihood of success in my specific case.

Apr 19, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #6 of 6
I have the SE215LTD and comply tips myself and the seal is nowhere better (about the same) than the olives for me, not to mention it spoils really easily for me. Why not invest in a custom iem (maybe a cheap one?) once and for all if you need to use it on stage very often? I really doubt the comply tips will help you with your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back