Shure se210?
Oct 30, 2007 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Jessipoo

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all. I wanted to upgrade my current Sony MDR-EX51 earphones to something better.

I've been doing some research now and came across 2 top companies: Etys and Shure. (I know there are others like ultimate ears, qjays to consider)

My budget is 150$ or less.

I'm gearing towards the shure se210 because from what I've read, it has louder clean bass, crisp louder mids and clean highs and medium detail.

I prefer that to Etys flater sound.

So I just wanted to know if it's THAT much better then my current Sony's where the bass is medium, and the sounds aren't that clear.

Input? Suggestions?

Quick response would be greatly appreciated since I need to order them in a week so I can get them in time.

Thanks.

Oct 30, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessipoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all. I wanted to upgrade my current Sony MDR-EX51 earphones to something better.

I've been doing some research now and came across 2 top companies: Etys and Shure. (I know there are others like ultimate ears, qjays to consider)

My budget is 150$ or less.

I'm gearing towards the shure se210 because from what I've read, it has louder clean bass, crisp louder mids and clean highs and medium detail.

Jessipoo, check out the thread below, as I compared the Shure SE310 with the Denon AH-C700 and the Denons won! I also had the Shure SE210s for a while - very nice with acoustic and gentle music but the bass is very light compared with the Denons. The C700s are within your budget as well.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=256675

Oct 30, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #3 of 6
The highs on the Shure SE210s get cut off at around 10000-12000Hz, which makes them sound dull and boring. I highly recommend Shure SE310s instead - they have much better highs.

Oct 30, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The highs on the Shure SE210s get cut off at around 10000-12000Hz, which makes them sound dull and boring. I highly recommend Shure SE310s instead - they have much better highs.

QFT. 210's treble is subpar. I'm not sure about the 310, but I was disappointed in the treble (or lack thereof). Still, they were fairly relaxing and were easy to listen to for long periods of time due to their warmer sound signature and the comfort of the black foamies.

Oct 31, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #6 of 6
after doing more research, I read about the
Altec Lansing IM716
Denon CX700

I'm still torn, trying to find a pretty good and cheap mid level earphone.

From what I've read, Etys aren't really for me.

I want not only something better than my entry level sony MDR-EX51, but a step higher.

I want it to be better for isolating sound (shoudln't be too difficult)
and mainly

loud & crisp bass (but not overly so, I don't need a subwoofer in my head but I want to hear it enough to enjoy hip hop)

mid ranges to be loud and clean (so I can enjoy my rock)
and highs to be clean enough (so I can hear what they're saying)

I think the Vmoda's bass might be too strong for what I'm looking for, like I said I want a bit better quality and build.

It doesn't have to have super good detail but the reviews are confusing because some people don't have experience with other earphones or experience with earphones at all and so they're review isn't very reliable.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back