shure se210 headphones broken
May 26, 2009 at 7:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mremis

New Head-Fier
I just discovered that while listening my left earphone is significantly lower than the right one.

I looked in the Shure FAQ and it says that this is because of earwax that is caught.

I cleaned out all the stuff I could see but it made no improvement.

Any other suggestions that I can take to fix this?

May 26, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #2 of 8
Did you have this problem before? Maybe the seal in your left ear isn't as good as your right. If not, it may easily be the cable problems that Shures are very well known for. If that is the case, you should be covered by their warranty (provided that you bought from a authorized seller).

I also suggest you look into some better IEM's as well.
biggrin.gif
They were one of my first IEM's and while at the time I thought of them very highly, seeing them now makes me realize how mediocre it really is for the price you pay.

May 26, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by mremis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just discovered that while listening my left earphone is significantly lower than the right one.

Look in the mirror and try tilting your head to the right until both are at the same level.

May 27, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you have this problem before? Maybe the seal in your left ear isn't as good as your right. If not, it may easily be the cable problems that Shures are very well known for. If that is the case, you should be covered by their warranty (provided that you bought from a authorized seller).

I also suggest you look into some better IEM's as well.
biggrin.gif
They were one of my first IEM's and while at the time I thought of them very highly, seeing them now makes me realize how mediocre it really is for the price you pay.

I had this problem with E2C's (the cable breaking). But on this one the cable appears fine, the sound is just alot lower, you can't hear very much, and when listening to both it is very clear that the right is dominating.

I have a warranty but I don't have the receipt that SF Marketing (Shure Canada) says I need. I am working on looking for it.

Any other recommendations? I have had Shure E2c's and the SE 210s. I got a really good deal on the SE 210's.

May 27, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

I had this problem with E2C's (the cable breaking). But on this one the cable appears fine, the sound is just alot lower, you can't hear very much, and when listening to both it is very clear that the right is dominating.

I have a warranty but I don't have the receipt that SF Marketing (Shure Canada) says I need. I am working on looking for it.

Any other recommendations? I have had Shure E2c's and the SE 210s. I got a really good deal on the SE 210's.

I have a feeling its the cable. It could also be that the headphone jack has issues. have you tried plugging the headphones into another device.

May 27, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

ya I've tried them in a few different devices.

I guess my only solution is warranty repair

But any other recommendations for new headphones?

Do you want to upgrade or stay about the same level?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back