Shure SE115 vs Thinksound Rains
Mar 2, 2010 at 11:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Zombies8mybrain

New Head-Fier
So I'm fairly new to the whole high end IEMs. I usually just used cheapo skull candys but I recently lost them. I feel its time to take the plunge and get some decent headphones. I'm deciding between Shure SE115 or Thinksound Rains. I like the look of the Rains better but I have heard really nice things about the SE115. I mainly listen to rock(classic, alt and metal) and I also listen to Trance/DnB and some hip hop. I don't want to spend more than $80 and I have to get them from Amazon(have a gift card for there).

So which would be best? The Shures are about $20 more, would it be worth the extra $20? Or if there is a different kind I should look at in the $80 price range? Thank you for your input.

Mar 2, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #2 of 9
What do you like most about your music? What do you want out of your headphones (i.e. build quality wise, isolation from your surroundings, etc.)? In that range I'd go for the RE0 unless you want a more mid centric sound, in which case I'd get the Rains.

EDIT: If you can't use the gift card for the RE0 the rains are a good choice.

Mar 3, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #3 of 9
I don't want too much bass, so I guess I prefer an overall even sound. I went ahead and ordered the Rains, the look of them was just too much to pass up. And I haven't heard anything bad about them. So hopefully they will be nice.

Mar 3, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #4 of 9
id suggest re0 or rains, thought ive never heard the rains. I doubt you will like the 115's as the Skullcandys might actually be better.

Mar 3, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombies8mybrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I got the Rains on amazon for like $55. Had a $30 gift card so it was only like $20 bucks. Gonna give them a go then maybe move up from there.

You can't go wrong for that price!
smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back