shure SE110's
Dec 23, 2007 at 5:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

punkrocker5817

New Head-Fier
So Im trying to get my brother into the audio world, so i bought I was looking for a pair of decent earbuds for him the other day at frys. I bought the Shure SE110's because everything else was sony and panasonic, or it was out of my price range. Im just wondering what he and I should expect from them. I run a pair of beyerdynamic DT770's on a denon DRA-775RD. Will the shures sound terrible compared to those? I will definately return them to get something more audiophile like. I know that they are definately not audiophile grade, but Im on a budget and Im just trying to get him broken in for now....

Oh and also, I read a review that was saying that the ES110s arent any better than the freebie apple buds? Please tell me this isnt true...

jeff

Dec 23, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #2 of 2
first thing you should know, sound compression and the crunched up soundstage will always make comparing a IEM to a full sized can a mass disapointment, especialy when compared to a pair of high end beyerdynamics, its very hard to find a low end or even a mid end IEM that wont sound like trash next to a pair of properly amped DT770.

second issue, yes, the SE110 is a bit overpriced,, it cant defend itself from similarly priced IEM´s like the ER-6 or the d-JAYS, and considering the rat shack Super.fi 3 at $49.95 and the X3i from jaben networks, its kind of hard to recommend the SE110, its a true successor to the E2c, cheap, stuffy, and aimed at people who want shure but cant afford it,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back