Shure Se110
Jan 9, 2009 at 8:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

DonAlejandro

New Head-Fier
Shure se110s supposedly use armiture drivers but I noticed that after leaving them on with pink noise for awhile the sound really opened up and became more detailed and controlled. Is this normal?

Jan 9, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #4 of 9
And Shure have already (recently, I think) re-branded the E2c/SCL2 as the the SE102, which, of course, uses dynamic drivers; I assume the new SE115 is considered higher up the SE line than the SE102, both on naming basis ans the fact that shure as claimed the new SE115 utilises more advanced dynamic driver technology (than they've incorporated into their products before).

Jan 10, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #5 of 9
Since the shure se110s use BAs does anyone have a clue as to why breaking them in improved their sound? I'm sure its not in my head. I've noticed that on the se110s specifications it says microspeakers and not armiture drivers so I do not know if that has anything to do with it but I always understood that they used armitures.

Jan 10, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i still think they use a dynamic driver, why the hell else would they be so enormously fat???i think all shure have done (if anything) is tweak it slightly and change the colour, the 110 and 115 just look practically identical

Though se110's shape is not at all like a single BA driver phone, it actually is.

se115 , as shure claims, utilize the second gen dynamic driver which should sound more fun and less flat than the se110 ( I suppose it would output quite more bass).

Housing are the same, but totally different product.

Jan 13, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #8 of 9
Thank you all for the replies. Another question... Why is it that alot of folks think the se100 is not good value for the money? Alot mention that they don't pack any bass but I am comfortable with the level of bass they have. But then again I prefer a very flat sound. Are there other reasons? Thank you.

Jan 13, 2009 at 10:06 AM Post #9 of 9
i think the main reason the se110 get a bad rap is that at their price point in retail is very close instantly to its brother the se210 which is far sharper (but much more bass light) most formal reviews ive read of them all say for £50 spend the extra £10 - £15 and get the se210.

only reason i have them is becasue play.com did them as a super bargin at $17.99 delivered so i bought 3 pairs, kept one and dished out the other 2 as xmas presents. then couple day later when in pcworld bargin hunting saw the se110 on sale for £68.95!!! had to assure my father (who got a pair from me) that i had paid significantly less than that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back