***Shure SE-846 VS V Moda M-100***
Feb 19, 2016 at 6:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

payj

Head-Fier
So I have had the M100 since they came out and have been pleased with them overall. I am not an audiophile per say, but appreciate quality gear and typically buy upper end stuff within reason. The M100 was my first nice set of headphones. I sometimes use a small amp with them, but typically just plug them into my phone (S6 Edge + Currently) The sound is amazing to me and with the amp even better. The amp is just one thing more for me to carry.

Recently I have been thinking about getting some iem as I do much of my listening on the go at the gym etc and over ear is just too big. After poking around it seems the 846 are pretty much the best out there for sake of argument. 

My question is, will there be a noticeable difference between the two when just using my phone ? Or are these just gonna be a giant waste? OR will they be on equal terms unless either one has more power? I tend to listen to edm, hip-hop and rap.

Thx

Aug 30, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #3 of 3

This may be a bit late, but from I've noticed you'll get the same-ish quality out of both (straight from the iPhone). However, once you pair them with a DAC the SE846s absolutely SMOKE the M-100's in terms of their dynamics and speed. For walking down the street for iPhone use, I prefer the 846s just because you get so much better isolation than with the M-100s. Also, I hate it when I can hear another person's music from 5+ feet away, and at the volume I tend to listen to my music, I know that the 846s will deliver that without disturbing those around me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back